OK, from my previous post, you know a bit about her political philosophy/campaign stances from this 28-year-old barista with a Boston University double major in International Relations and Economics that is now the Democrat candidate for Congress in NY-14 (Queens)
- Free healthcare: “Medicare for all” – a cost between $14 and $28 trillion over 10 years. Our current Fed Budget is only $4T/year
- Free college tuition
- Minimum living wage
- Housing as a human right
Sidenote: oh dear, how low has my alma mater dropped in rigor. They ought to be disavowing her forthwith but I guess the Howard Zinn-sim, Noam Chomskyesque, and the other hard core radical professors have gotten worse over the years. As I continue with her here, I am gratified by my decisions over the years not to give my hard earned monies to this spawning den of everything I find wrong.
Anyways, I digress – let me unpack my pile of stuff here. Just remember that no less a luminary than Tom Perez, Chair of the National Democrat Committee, says “she is the future of the Party”. Go ahead, keep shoveling that out there!
Stances, statements, and “isms” all intermixed here – this is gonna be a long post.
- “claimed that Seattle’s $15 minimum wage was an example of a $15 minimum wage not hurting an economy”. It most certainly is and we’ve blogged about this before
- For an economist, she’s HORRIBLE at math: “One of the biggest problems that we have is 200 million Americans make less than $20,000 a year. That’s 40 percent of this country.”. No, deary, that’s not 40% as we have 325 million people in the USA and trust me, not all of them work. The median earner is around $32K per year, family median income is around $57K/year. The point is that she can’t research and her math skills are horrendous. And she still got her degree.
- Putting in the “Buffet tax” on the rich and raising corporate taxes to 28%, “that’s two trillion over 10 years”. Idryly point out that estimates for Bernie’s Medicare for all are about 4 Trillion (at the very lowest end) per year – the entire existing Federal budget.
- The rich aren’t paying their “fair share” – she says it should be at least 15% – it’s more than that:
|35%||$400,001 to $600,000||$91,379 plus 35% of the amount over $400,000|
|37%||$600,001 or more||$161,379 plus 37% of the amount over $600,000|
- “If we implement a carbon tax on top of that to get to 100% renewable energy of, of, of a LARGE amount of revenue we can have“. Reminder: she’s a trained economist!
- “Just last year, we gave the military a $700 Billion increase WHICH THEY DIDN’T EVEN ASK FOR. Don’t give us another fighter jet, don’t give us another nuclear bomb.”. No, that’s their entire budget; if it was “an increase”, it would be a total of $1.4 TRILLION, deary.
- “President Trump’s immigration policies are similar to ethnic cleansing”. Really, ethnic cleansing is when a government goes out and SEARCHES for folks to deport (at best) or kill (at worst). These are people just walking into our country – searching not really all that required in the traditional sense of “ethnic cleansing” (e.g., in the old Balkan states).
- This basically is “Open Borders to All”
Ocasio-Cortez’s website – let’s go there. Bolded are the things she can’t pay for but she’s under the delusion that she can snap her fingers and have “government take care of us”:
- Medicare For All
- Housing As a Human Right
- A Peace Economy
- A Federal Jobs Guarantee
- Gun Control / Assault Weapons Ban
- Criminal Justice Reform, End Private Prisons
- Immigration Justice / Abolish ICE
- Solidarity with Puerto Rico
- Mobilizing Against Climate Change
- Clean Campaign Finance
- Higher Education / Trade School for All
- Women’s Rights
- Support LGBTQIA+
- Support Seniors
- Curb Wall Street Gambling: Restore Glass Steagall
Twitchy – her own tweets
- No bans.
- No walls.
- No fences.
- No chains.
- No justice – no peace.
- The GOP is:
– weak on fighting for working class Americans
– weak on crime
– weak on equal rights
– weak on national security
– weak on rejecting racism
– weak on moral courage
– weak on family values
My retorts to those:
- But the GOP just gave the middle class the chance to keep more of their money via Tax Reform
- She wants to disarm police
- It was the Rs that passed Civil rights back in the 60s (oh yeah, that was well before she was born so that “history doesn’t exist” for her)
- You can’t be much weaker on national security by wanting open borders and less military spending
- And it is NOT clear what she means by “moral courage” or “family values” but I certainly know her political values are those of Mao, Stalin, and Marx and you can’t get much worse than that – they had entire families killed due to political “strategy”
PBS Firing Line with Margaret Hoover – She also believes that:
- Israel is occupying Palestine (whatever the heck THAT means) and that “not the expert on geopolitics on this issue.” But her degree in International Relations????
- “Well, unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs.” Again, that Economics degree failed her again – this is just NONSENSE on a stick!
- She wants the workers to own the means of production – sorry owners, you get confiscated from your own company AFTER she takes all your wealth away to pay “your fair share”.
Spectator – she’s also ignorant about history:
Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t seem to know any more about the history of her newfound homeland than she does about the Middle East. She delivered herself of several tweets on Wednesday that suggest she believes Puerto Rico was an independent and sovereign nation before the U.S. arrived in 1898.
120 years ago today (July 25th, 1898) Puerto Rico was invaded and made a colony of the United States.… Puerto Ricans are US citizens. But they STILL don’t have the right to vote federally, nor do they have voting rep in Congress (unless they move). Nor are they a sovereign people.
If this kind of rhetoric sounds vaguely familiar, that’s because it was the party line of the Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional (FALN), a radical Marxist terrorist group whose 120-plus bombings murdered and maimed dozens of innocent New Yorkers, including four dead and 63 wounded in the notorious bombing of Manhattan’s Fraunces Tavern. By parroting the FALN party line, Ocasio-Cortez confirms that Rep. DeSantis was accurate in his assertion that she lives “in a totally different universe” than the rest of us. She evidently believes that the fictitious U.S. “subjugation” of Puerto Rico is morally equivalent to the mythical Israeli “occupation” of Palestine.
She and Hillary and Maxine Watters – PLEASE just keep on letting them talk! This was a good quip about her:
Republican Rep. Ron DeSantis, a candidate for governor in Florida, described her as “in a totally different universe. “It’s basically socialism wrapped in ignorance,”
Capitalism is the greatest engine for the production of wealth that the ingenuity of man has ever devised. But after it achieves a certain level of prosperity, it regularly excretes characters like Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, beneficiaries of capitalism whose contempt for its strictures is equaled only by their ignorance of its tenets.
Thankfully (but for how much longer???):
…the findings of a new Hill.TV/Harris X American Barometer poll hold true.
Seventy-six percent of respondents in a recent survey said they would not vote for a “socialist candidate,” while 24 percent of those polled said they have no problem with the hypothetical candidate.