Nikita Khrushchev was the leader of the Soviet Union in the late 1950s and early 1960s. According to Ezra Taft Benson among others, Nikita Khrushchev said, “Your children’s children will live under communism, You Americans are so gullible.
No, you won’t accept communism outright. But we will keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you will finally wake up and find you already have Communism. We will not have to fight you; We will so weaken your economy, until you will fall like overripe fruit into our hands… The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
Maybe he said exactly that. Maybe he said something similar. There is debate about the quote which is not surprising given the nature of the quote. That there is debate is less than surprising given today’s revisionist approach to history by academics like Howard Zinn and others. The Khrushchev quote has had an impact on Leftists. The impact was greater when it was said and it has lessened over time.
The sentiment, if not the quote, clearly does go to what the intention of the leading communist of the day was. It appears to match the words and actions of today’s leftists. Is this simply an amazing coincidence? Communists of yesterday and today remain aligned in content and tone. So here’s the game: Socialism leads to Communism.
To create a Socialist State there are eight steps:
1) Healthcare: If you control healthcare and you control the people. Nationalize healthcare and the central government controls it and the people. Check.
2) Poverty: Increase the poverty level as high as possible. Poor people are easier to control. They will not fight back if you are providing everything for them. Destroy the cities and commerce grinds to a halt. What is happening with coronavirus plus the violence and looting. In progress.
3) Debt: Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. This forces tax increases to service the debt. Tax increases in turn produce more poverty. This prevents recovery and further hampers commerce. Nearly complete. All we need is a little more stimulus spending.
4) Gun Control: This removes the ability of the people to defend themselves from the Government. This facilitates creation of a police state. Still in progress. It will be quite some time before it becomes feasible. It will likely take a successful Leftist revolution.
Halfway to socialism
5) Welfare: This is controlling once a sufficient portion of the populace is reliant of the central government. Control of every aspect of people’s lives must be attained. This includes food, housing, income, spending, and child care. This makes people fully dependent on the central government. Check.
6) Education: Take control of what people read and listen to. Take control of what children learn in school. This allows control of expectations. It prevents independent thought and action. Check.
7) Religion: Remove the belief in God from Government and schools. People need to believe. It is impossible to achieve complete governmental control if they believe is something other than the State. ONLY the government can know what is best for the people. Almost there.
8) Class Warfare: Divide the people into groups. The division is the important point not how it is achieved. It can be wealthy vs. poor, identity politics, or race. Anything that is divisive allows a path to success. Creation of envy through use of greed facilitates creation of the perception people get different treatment. Eliminate the average American. This will causes more discontent. Apparent wealth disparity makes it easier to tax the wealthy with the support of the poor. Almost there.
Does any of this sound like the platform of one of the major US political parties? We are at a decision point. Will we retain American principles and values or are will we leave them behind? Do you love freedom? Do you support the private property rights? Does life have value?
Thoughts and words of Nikita Khrushchev are resonating in our politics. Do you want to stay with tolerance and open communication or do you want tyranny. You must decide if these things are important to you. This is an immediate and clear choicer. Vote for America or vote Democrat. Which side are you on? There is no middle ground.