Indeed – Question 13 and closing candidate remarks from the
“What would you do so that the Veterans finally get a full service VA here in NH?“
And we thank John Burt of the Granite State Institute of Politics for allowing us to live stream / cover the event!
Previous posts and Questions:
- Live Stream – GrokTV Event: The Granite State Institute of Politics Republican Gubernatorial Debate
- Recording of the Live Stream – GrokTV Event: The Granite State Institute of Politics Republican Gubernatorial Debate
- GrokTV Event-Granite State Institute of Politics Republican Gov. Debate – Intro Ceremonies and Candidate Opening Remarks
- Question 1: What names are Democrat politicians or others calling you that distort or oversimply what you are about and why are they wrong?
- Question 2: The Commissioner of Employment Security stepped down over fiscal corruption charges. What would you doto insure that ethics return to the Executive Branch?
- Question 3: Salesman-in-Chief; why can’t Jackie Cilley or Maggie Hassan get on the horn and call up CEOs and credibly convince them to create jobs in NH as effectively the way you can?
- Question 4: The Legislature left open the issue of education by the State this past term. Can you discuss what your understanding of the issue is, what its likely and possible impact will be on the State budget and how you would go about addressing it?
- Question 5: Got my hair cut. Stylist complained about high gas costs. General thoughts on energy costs?
- Question 6: We stopped overspending and fixed the deficit of $1.1 billion and by that, saved a family of four $3000 and reduced taxes….Some say that the $10.4 Billion budget we put into place can be reduced further to $10 Billion. Do you agree, and if you do what taxes would you reduce from those savings?
- Question 7: Why can you work with Democrats any better than a Democratic Governor would be able to work with Republicans?
- Question 8: EBT Card – All for helping the needy, the truly needy. This poor 65-year dold store clerk [Jackie Whitten] was fired for refusing to sell a customer cigarettes? Was she justified in refusing him and is there a problem as our next Gov. of NH?
- Question 9: One of the least known aspects of Obamacare is how it seeks to hijack State finances in order to expand insurance coverage particularly in the area of Medicaid. One area it does this in is doubling income elegibility. That’s the aspect to bring forward the decision. That’s the aspect and the reason for the Supreme Court decision that it is optional to the States. Can you tell us whether or not NH should take up that option and expand its population? As part of your answer, can you tell us where Medicaid is going in NH and how NH is going to finally be able to protect its sovereignty from the Federal Government trying to push us to overspending here in NH?
- Question 10: Jackie Cilley has received a string of government worker and labor union endorsements to bring about a very different kind of State than we have today. A candidate named Bill Kennedy is running on implementing a 4% state income tax. How will you keep Maggie Hassan from sneaking through as a moderate (“there are two candidates that have managed to run to her Left”)?
- Question 11: Would you work for a full repeal for the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative? Other regulation or regulatory structures?
- Question 12: What more serious part of the NH Constitution or any other NH law is unenforced or overlooked?