The NH state primary is fast approaching on Tuesday September 11, 2012. As this is the first primary conducted on the new state districts based on the US Census of 2010, there are notable opportunities for Republicans to strengthen their team Here is one such opportunity.
Rochester Wards 2 and 3 have one seat in the newly redistricted House. Strafford County District 23 has two incumbent Republicans vying for the seat. Strong Republican Clifford Newton has demonstrated strong principles and reliable support for limited government, restrained expenditures and citizens’ rights. Newton earned a 92% score from the House Republican Alliance (HRA). The Republican Liberty Caucus (RLCNH) scored Newton at 85%. The Libertarian NH Liberty Alliance graded Newton at B+.
On the other hand, incumbent Rep. Julie Brown is also running for the single seat in Rochester Wards 2 and 3. The HRA ranks her at 33%. The RLCNH ranks her at 30%, and the Liberty Alliance grades her at D+.
What do these scores mean? Brown:
1) does NOT protect property owners in emergencies. (HB574 2012 vote #63)
2) does NOT trust citizens to defend themselves. (SB88 2011 vote #243)
3) does NOT trust parents to educate their children. (CACR9 2011 votes #56, 57)
4) does NOT trust parents with their children’s health. (HB329 2011 vote #233)
5) will not protect travelers from excessive TSA procedures. (HB628 2012 vote #15)
6) voted against parental rights. (HB542 2011 vote #266)
7) voted against spending increase protections. (CACR6 2012 vote #292)
8) voted for forced union membership and dues. (HB474 2011 vote #265)
9) voted for higher spending. (HB1 2011 vote #161)
10) voted for higher taxes in a recession. (HB2 2011 vote #143)
11) voted with liberal Democrat former Speaker Rep. Terie Norelli (D-Portsmouth) 281 times.
12) voted with liberal Democrat former Speaker Rep. Terie Norelli (D-Portsmouth) 71% of the time.
13) voted with liberal Democrat former Speaker Rep. Terie Norelli (D-Portsmouth) more than any other Republican.
14) wants more casinos and gambling. (HB593 2012 vote #203)
15) will NOT protect the integrity of the ballot box. (SB318 2012 vote #308)
16) will NOT stop known voter fraud from continuing. (SB289 2012 vote #307)
Republicans can and must do better than re-electing Julie Brown to the New Hampshire House. Re-elect Clifford Newton for State Representatives in Rochester Wards 2 and 3, Strafford County District 23.
See more at https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=%23Newton4Rep
Steve Patton, Stratham