Public Health Tyranny never sleeps, so we must continue to share evidence that it is not just tyranny, but government oppression for no positive gain.
…, in our analysis, full lockdowns and wide-spread COVID-19 testing were not associated with reductions in the number of critical cases or overall mortality.
Whatever perceived good they might find in these acts of force is undone and outdone. Lockdowns did not improve mortality rates. People inevitably got it and died anyway, or other vectors for mortality met or exceeded the lives supposedly saved by the limitations on free movement.
Net Sum Loss.
This latter problem unaddressed and ignored by the media is deaths because of lockdowns. Mortality due to a wide range of causes, from lost access to needed medical care to mental health. This paper lists numerous international sources to make the case. The political response ended more lives than it saved, not just in life years or quality of life-years but in actual mortality. More people died because of the heavy-handed political response.
A few excerpts.
- The number of deaths due to the disruption of cancer services is likely to outweigh the number of deaths from the coronavirus itself. The cessation and delay of cancer care will cause considerable avoidable suffering.
- [E]conomic hardship generated by the radical interruptions of commerce could result in hundreds of thousands of additional child deaths in 2020. The report further warned that 42 million to 66 million children could fall into extreme poverty as a result of the crisis.
- Oakland, California, released a study that seeks to determine how many “deaths of despair” (from drug or alcohol abuse or suicide) will occur as a result of the pandemic, including the lockdowns. Their estimate, according to CBS News: about 75,000.
- The CDC estimates 93,814 non-COVID “excess deaths” this year, including 42,427
from cardiovascular conditions, 10,686 from diabetes, and 3646 from cancer, and many
of these were caused by the cancellation of “nonessential” care in the midst of the
- According to The Lancet, “During lockdown people with dementia or severe mental
illness had a higher risk of excess death.” Dementia patients had a 53% greater chance
of death because of lockdowns, and elderly patients with severe mental illness had a
123% greater chance of death.
Healthy children have nothing to fear from the virus, but the lockdown will have killed millions of them worldwide.
As we have reported previously, suicidal ideation rose significantly, with some unknown number of deaths uncounted as a result of people losing jobs, incomes, businesses, homes, families, and finally their lives.
More healthy, productive people with nothing to fear destroyed in the name of covidism.