- Ahead of the 2020 election, Cook listed 27 races as “toss-ups,” meaning they were too close to predict one way or the other. Republicans won all 27.
- Despite being assured that conservatism was about to drown beneath an impending “blue wave,” Republicans won every single close race.
- Republicans also won all 26 races deemed “leaning or likely Republican,”
- Even picked up 7 of the 36 seats listed as “leaning or likely Democrat.”
- Republicans poised to pick up more seats, as they lead in 8 of the remaining 13 races.
And a question from that post:
How many state and federal races were impacted by incorrect polling that showed stronger support for Democrats than actually existed? Think of the donors who refrained from giving to a candidate because the polls indicated that the race was already over. How many candidates missed out on key endorsements or support from outside entities because they were viewed as a lost cause?
They won’t take control of the House but these pickups may have lost Nancy Pelosi her Speakership.
(H/T: Daily Wire)