The Millionaires and Billionaires running for President have settled on the same theme. Trump’s economy is not for you. You can’t miss the commercials. We’re wicked rich, and you have been left behind. And if you elect them president, what?
They’ll still be rich, and Democrats will destroy the Trump economy. An economy that has set record employment for so many sectors of the population I’ve lost count. Record wage growth, as well.
Between November 2018 and November 2019, overall median wage growth climbed 3.6 percent, a healthy pace that should lift spirits, too. Those in the bottom 25 percent saw wages advance 4.5 percent, while the top 25 percent lagged, with pay rising just 2.9 percent. This is the 180-degree exact opposite of what Democrats relentlessly bellow.
This economy is doing more to help the folks who were “left behind” than any administration this century.
- When it comes to race, wage growth for whites was a tick behind, at 3.5 percent, while non-whites charged ahead at 4.3 percent.
- In terms of age, the young and the restless rule. Those ages 16 to 24 saw wages climb 8.4 percent. Americans 25 to 54 enjoyed 3.9 percent higher paychecks. And the typically higher-income 55-plus crowd was behind the curve, with 2.5 percent wage growth.
- Bachelor’s degrees generated 3.7 percent wage boosts for those who held them. But those who went no further than high-school graduation also savored 3.7 percent higher pay. Those with associate degrees saw their checks grow just 3.2 percent.
- While those in finance and business services scored 4.1 percent higher salaries, workers in manufacturing, construction, and mining were in a photo finish with them at 4.0 percent.
- While job stayers earned 3.2 percent more money, job switchers scored an extra 4.3 percent.
- Interestingly enough, those with low, medium, and high skills all shared 3.6 percent wage increases, matching the nationwide bonus.
The Left’s solution (to everything) is to take spending decisions away from you and job creators and give it to politicians and bureaucrats. And it is not to do some greater good. They take your money because they don’t trust that you will spend it on their priorities.
What’s worse is their policies will also make your cost of living go up while leaving you with less to make those increasingly expensive ends meet.
Democrats ruin everything they touch. Don’t let them ruin your economic recovery. It’s yours. Protect it.
Note: Their ads are directed at far-left primary voters, yes, but they are serious about ruining the economy.