The German Deplorables are starting to smarten up and voting their beliefs. Worst hit – the Ruling Elite. “A rebellion has broken out in Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Party (CDU) after it suffered defeat in a regional election on Sunday.”
The right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD) surged ahead of the ruling CDU to second place in the eastern state of Thuringia…The troubles for Merkel started late Sunday after senior CDU politicians publicly mulled forming a coalition government with the Linke Party, the successor of the East German Communist party, in Thuringia state.
With Merkel stepping down at the end of her term, the CDU faces a grim prospect for the next election. The party has moved so far to the left, that it has no other options but to align itself with the socialist and greens in future elections. This will only alienate the party’s conservative base further. The current rebellion could well be the party’s last-ditch effort to save its Christian conservative core.
That’s Germany right now. A once centrist party, refusing to pledge fealty to its core principles, is in Big Trouble. Most of it was Merkel’s open border policy and those from the Middle East that streamed in resulting in No-Go regions.
The West has the self-loathing idea that anyone coming to Europe (the American version is Dearbornistan) should have cultural primacy over their own citizens. And it is starting to see some backlash from those “own citizens” (and rightfully so). The only country that has tossed itself more into the Multicultural Trash Can than Germany is Sweden, which is starting to have its own political backlash.
Both countries have well-known problems with acculturalization and assimilation and rising crime as well. But the local PC police pounce on those asking “why are we doing this to ourselves” to keep the problems quiet.
When the citizenry pushes back, they hate it.
WHY are our Ruling Elite surprised at this?
Normal people generally LIKE their countries (at least in the First World) and they like their culture. They don’t WANT to be preached down to by those that believe they are their “moral betters”:
- Referencing the new law criminalizing the use of plastic straws, Councilman Jesse Dominguez said, “Unfortunately, common sense is just not common. We have to regulate every aspect of people’s lives.”
- NH State Rep Kris Roberts (D): “Government has to protect us from our own stupidity.”
- NH State Rep Leigh Webb (D): “The role of government is to legislate behavior“
- NH State Rep Laura Pantelakos (D): “I don’t care about protecting peoples’ Liberty“
- NH State Rep Cynthia Chase (D): (concerning the Free State Project having chosen NH as their destination state, even as Chase did the same as a R.I. transplant): “What we can do is make the environment here so unwelcoming that some will choose not to come, and some may actually leave. One way is to pass measures that will restrict freedoms that they think they will find here.”
- Former US Secretary of State, US Senator and First Lady Hillary Clinton:
- We just can’t trust the American people to make those types of choices…Government has to make those choices for people.
- “Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed.”
- Dr. Melissa Harris-Perry (Ph.D, MSNBC hostess):“We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we’ve always had a private notion of children; your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven’t had a very collective notion of these are our children,”
We see what has happened in Germany – and who knows what the electorate will do again as the Democrats, especially the Prez Wannabees, have shifted so far to the Left, I dunno if they even have a “right” side anymore. Certain, the NH Democrats, in much of what they are trying to pass here and make Govt more and more intrusive and costly, may well be doing the same thing.
Merkely is learning that if you get over the electorates’ ski tips, you fall (even though it is happening in quite the slow-motion fashion). The Democrats were down 1,000 seats in State legislatures and lost the majority in both the US House and Senate. Sure, they’ve regained about 300 seats nationally at the State levels and regained the US House. However, the Republicans only have to gain back 19 seats to regain the majority there.
Here in NH, it will be a harder mission but a lot of Democrats won by “being Republican” in POV districts that lean Republican – and did it in a mini-Democrat wave year.
Based on what they have done in going further Left and taking Freedom away from people in making choices on their own (instead of what Pantelakos, Chase, Hillary, and Harris-Perry said above), and with a renewed emphasis on “campaign all the time” by the present NH GOP leadership, it may well be a different result.
(H/T: Legal Insurrection)