“If Trump wins half of Hispanics and a quarter of African Americans in 2020, Democrats will be in trouble!” - Granite Grok

“If Trump wins half of Hispanics and a quarter of African Americans in 2020, Democrats will be in trouble!”

Misused words like Racism

The Left’s non-stop racism canard is effective. With privileged white Democrats. And while they work that narrative mill day-in-and-day-out, recent polling suggests it’s not as effective with people of color as they’d like to think.

President Donald Trump’s overall approval is at 51% thanks to an increase in support from Black and Hispanic Americans.

“Race also played a factor in Trump’s job approval rating. Hispanics, this time around, were much more likely to approve of his job performance (49% approve/51% disapprove), while the president also saw his numbers jump with African Americans. This was his second straight poll with over a quarter support from African Americans (28% approve/70% disapprove). If Trump wins half of Hispanics and a quarter of African Americans in 2020, Democrats will be in trouble!”

Zogby notes that the overall results could have as much to do with the alternatives offered by Democrats as anything Donald Trump is doing. And that makes sense. The Democrat base, their most-likely primary voters, would make Marx blush. They are pining away for socialist expansions. Mewling at the feet of big government and endlessly wielding the dual-edged sword of social justice. 

Note to privileged liberals. The majority of independents are probably white working-class voters. Many in rural areas. The people you are insulting. Day-in-and-day-out.

Hillary gave up on them and lost.

Since then Team Left has been on a slash-and-burn campaign against a majority of Americans. Not the 37% who are probably registered Kool-Aid drinkers for Communism and HATE DONALD TRUMP! They’ll vote for anyone who is not the sitting President. The other 63%, sometimes referred to as a majority, are either all-in for the man, or on a fence pelted endlessly by negative stereotypes. 

Somewhere in that mix are “minorities” labeled by a Democrat party that demands fealty without reward.

Hate is not uplifting. Trump and the economy have been. He makes people feel proud of America. Asks them to be a part of their great nation and invites them to make it better on their terms — all of them.

His policies have moved million off welfare, Medicaid, and food stamps. Employment and wages are up. He’s done more for Blacks and Hispanics than any president in recent memory by rolling government intervention back. The exact opposite if his leftist competitors.

Zogby is correct in his observation. If this trend continues, Donald Trump has an opportunity to take half the Hispanic vote and at least a quarter of the black vote. Maybe more. With numbers like that Democrat’s won’t even be able to steal the election.

Not that it will prevent them from trying.

| RedState