For the cost of our educational system at the K-12 levels, our results are deplorable. No Child Left Behind was an attempt to “fix” that with uneven results (and unions screaming that they should not be judged or evaluated by their pupils results). Now, Fed. Ed. Sec. Arne Duncan, with his Race To the Top, is trying to institute an even more Top Down Federalization of education by “hijacking” what is known as the Common Core Standards with “awards” (or is that handcuffs?) of Federal money. Is this something that NH should be in, or should local control be preeminent?
Question 5: What is your opinion of the Common Core Standards that the Federal Govt is suggesting as a national curriculum?
- Opening Ceremonies
- Opening remarks: Rick Parent (NH First Congressional District)
- Opening remarks: Dennis Lamare (NH Second Congressional District)
- Opening remarks: Will Dean (NH Second Congressional District)
- Opening remarks:Vern Clough (NH First Congressional District)
- Question 1: What in your opinion is the primary function of the US Congress?
- Question 2: Should the Federal tax code be reformed and if so, how?
- Question 3: Would you support a change in the Second Amendment – why or why not?
- Question 4: How will you work to reduce the debt limit?