Blogging can be Very Amusing: More Hate Email, Right Ken Pataska? - Granite Grok

Blogging can be Very Amusing: More Hate Email, Right Ken Pataska?

dunce cow

I have always told GraniteGrok writers that they are free to write about anything that amuses them even if it isn’t on our main topics of Politics and Political Culture. Sometimes, “hateful” emails turn out to be very amusing (but then again, I’ve been known to have a strange sense of humor).

Especially when the other person has a rather low grasp of the English language, a very limited vocabulary (e.g., 4 letters or less), and even far less knowledge of the Law. As our FAQs state:

Look in the Contact Us to email us. Anything you send us is fair game for us and we may use it on the site. Exceptions to this policy are only if you ask us not to; however, if we judge the email to be nasty, we still may post it and skewer it and its (lack of) critical thinking. Since we have lives outside of the blogosphere and are married to other people and not this blog, emails may go unanswered. This will be especially true if we become roaring successes and get millions of hits a day. Otherwise, we will make a good-faith effort to respond to some/many/most emails.

And this is one of those cases.

So, on Ken’s post “The Preliminary Results of the “Windham Incident” Forensic Audit Are Not Good”, a Ken Pastaska (I believe from Kenosha, WI but I’m not certain) left this DISQUS comment (reformatted to be more bloggish, emphasis mine):

6:33 a.m., Monday May 17   Ken Pataska wrote: the only good democRAT is a DEAD DEMOCrat

This led to the next three:

GraniteGrok: How about “a DEMOCrat that doesn’t vote?  I do not promote violence on this site. Please edit your remark.

I thought it was a reasonable request, a polite request – he didn’t so I banned him. And he decided that emailing me was a GREAT thing to do:

12:53 p.m., Monday May 17  Ken Pataska wrote:  Nope.  I did NOT promote ANYTHING other than a true statement.  I wish them DEAD – I didn’t say go out and ABORT ALL REGRESSIVES F*ck what the Lefttarded think…..

It was that Nope part that did it.

GraniteGrok: My house (blog), my rules. Goodbye – you are banned.

But that was just the setup for this post. I’ve basically set up a Red Line that I maintain.

Sidenote: you know, like Obama did for our foreign enemies? Oh, WAIT, those Red Lines in the sand were meant only for his DOMESTIC enemies – he enforced the latter but hardly ever the former. Like President Asterick “Third Term Obama” Biden.

So I did. Without emotion (as it seems that moderating has to be done more often than not lately) – I said no, he said yes, and I had the last word. Or so I thought but he wasn’t done. Glad he wasn’t – he accomplished two things for me. First, it was clear that he hadn’t read the above FAQ and got quite indignant about it. I thought, in “that weird way” that sometimes comes upon all bloggers, that it was highly amusing because he started to email me. Methinks I fulfilled that Victorian phrase “I had my way with him” but only in an email sense of the phrase. A battle of wits, of a sort. Let me know what you think in the comments!

And yes, HIGHLY edited – he’s worse than Gracie Gato. What is it with these kinds of folks – have they no way with words? Always devolving downward to the lowest floor possible thinking that people would be impressed?

So after Ken Pataska figured out he couldn’t post on GraniteGrok anymore, he emailed me – and created a bit of a thread that was completely unsolicited by me – but glad he played along (or is that, got played?):

From: “Ken Pataska” <kpataska@yahoo.com>
To: Skip@granitegrok.com; Steve@granitegrok.com
Sent: 5/17/2021 4:54:07 PM
Subject: Brainless <c-word> get nowhere

F*** YOUR BLOG, STUPID <c-word>!!!!!

On 5/17/2021 4:00 PM, Skip wrote:

And that, in short, is why you just got banned.
If you look closely, it is you that have gone nowhere. Prattle on, oh ye of limited rhetorical caliber.

From: “Ken Pataska” <kpataska@yahoo.com>
To: “Skip” <Skip@granitegrok.com>
Sent: 5/17/2021 5:19:46 PM
Subject: Re: Brainless <c-word> get nowhere

I’d rather be banned than a NUTLESS <c-word> like YOU, RETARD!   BYE BYE STUPID <c-word>!!!!!

From: “Skip” <Skip@granitegrok.com>
To: “Ken Pataska” <kpataska@yahoo.com>
Sent: 5/17/2021 6:14:18 PM
Subject: Re[2]: Brainless <c-word> get nowhere

I’m just smiling as you keep making my point.  Take 10 deep breaths, find your happy space, and smile. Just remember this – I’ve been called far worse by far better people than you. So you’ve failed again.

From: “Ken Pataska” <kpataska@yahoo.com>
To: “Skip” <Skip@granitegrok.com>
Sent: 5/17/2021 7:18:34 PM
Subject: Re: Brainless <c-word> get nowhere

You can never fail calling out a BRAINLESS <c-word>!  Enjoy your sub-human life, BRAINLESS <c-word>!!!!!

So that was a simple back and forth with an unarmed man. Very simple indeed – he must be a GREAT conversation partner in real life. But it got a bit interesting as I reminded him of our FAQs, above:

On 5/17/2021 5:29 PM, Skip wrote:
Thanks for letting us see your tremendous control of the English language. Enjoy the rest of your life.

BTW, know that we may post these up per our FAQs.  You’ll be a hit!

So, if he was operating at Level 9, he went to 13. Problem is, he had to be reminded of something else other than just our FAQs – Oopsies:

From: “Ken Pataska” <kpataska@yahoo.com>
To: “Skip” <Skip@granitegrok.com>
Sent: 5/17/2021 7:19:04 PM
Subject: Re: Brainless <c-word>get nowhere

Post my name, and I’ll sue the LIVING S*** out of you, BRAINLESS <c-word>!!!!!

Sure thing, Ken Pataska. Except he forgot something. Something that he had already done:

On 5/17/2021 6:35 PM, Skip wrote:

Too late!  Your own DISQUS commented already outed you. You see, I get ALL of the DISQUS email notifications that someone has left a comment on GraniteGrok:

12:53 p.m., Monday May 17  Ken Pataska wrote:  Nope. I did NOT promote ANYTHING other than a true statement. I wish them DEAD – I didn’t say go out and ABORT ALL REGRESSIVES!  F*** what the Lefttarded think…..

Whomever the Judge is, they’d be taking a rather dim view of your protestations. Now, you want to see the first one for confirmation that YOU deliberately named yourself on our site (making it rather easy to find who and where you are)?

So, I’m confused –what WOULD the basis of suing yourself be as I had nothing to do with it?  Your explanation will be to be rather enjoyable for our readers to see!

BTW, is this the limit of your epithet vocabulary?

So again he threatens me for what he had actually done. Isn’t it great to have receipts?

From: “Ken Pataska” <kpataska@yahoo.com>
To: “Skip” <Skip@granitegrok.com>
Sent: 5/17/2021 7:37:28 PM
Subject: Re: Brainless <c-word> get nowhere

BYE BYE STUPID <c-word> – TO THE SHITBITBUCKET WITH YOUR IGNORANT <c-word> A**!!!!!

Lawsuit, stupid <c-word>!  MILLION$!!!!!

Wait until Discovery when any lawyer he could find, finds this back and forth. So I decided to venture into his maelstrom language and ask a fairly important question:

From: “Skip” <Skip@granitegrok.com>
To: “Ken Pataska” <kpataska@yahoo.com>
Sent: 5/17/2021 7:54:35 PM
Subject: Re[2]: Brainless <c-word> get nowhere

So, what NH RSA (State Statute, since we are located in NH) would be violated for simply reprinting your voluntarily submitted DISQUS comment which contained your real name there?

Or any other state? You see, what you are threatening must have some basis in Law against which a violation has occurred, wouldn’t you agree? I didn’t supply your name – YOU did.

Right? Methinks you haven’t quite thought this through, have you?

Strangely, I think some sanity must have sunk into his besotted mind as I haven’t heard back as of yet. I am betting that he can’t help himself and he’ll leave another comment here. He’ll probably try to use a different handle than his actual name but it won’t matter – his writing style (tee-hee!) may well give him away.

Now Steve, and perhaps rightly so, said not to bother writing this up. Sorry, but it amused me but also illustrated two things that readers should know. The first I already stated and is above (bolded).

Second, if you want to be anonymous on a public blog, BE ANONYMOUS (he didn’t).

Third, if you are going to threaten legal action, at least be aware of what the Law says (he didn’t).

Fourth, if you are going to leave comments, up your game dude. I looked up where you’ve commented in other places – pretty much word for word.

So, I do wonder what the caliber of a lawyer would be that would take such a case?  What do YOU, dear readers, think?

Oh yeah, almost forgot – I have a couple more from Gracie Gato – completely unsolicited email from California now that’s she’s moved. I will give her this much – her vocab and sentence structure is far more involved than Ken Pataska (although Pataska has set a very low bar indeed.). Should I post them or just ignore her?

Let me know in the comments.