There is a post being shared on social media that is being called “Trump Accomplishments” and urges readers to verify each of the accomplishments and to share the list with others because the media isn’t talking about these accomplishment. When I received the list, I knew some of the things but hadn’t heard of many of them so I was curious.
I don’t agree with all of these policies or actions but some of them are damn good, like getting us out of the destructive Paris Accord, tax cuts and others. Because I’m a sadist (clearly), I decided to research each of the statements to verify. I also organized them into categories because this was not ‘Kim-sui.’
Each of the accomplishments in this list are true. Of course, we won’t know the full effects of some of these Executive Orders, guidances or legislation as it’s too early to tell and others may still need some work to be done in the future, but at their face value, everything on this list was easily verifiable and from a variety of different sources as well. Some of these may be controversial but that’s an entirely different conversation.
There are other items that could be added as well like dumping the Iran Deal or removing the destructive and racist ‘Critical Race Theory’ from federal government training but I figured this list alone was long enough and my point was really to verify all of the items ON the list.
Reminder: This was all happening before the Communist Chinese Government sent COVID-19 to our shores.
President has been in office for just over 3 years and what has he done? Other than dodging the vile, fake news media, along with Pelosi and Schumer?!?
What have PRESIDENT TRUMP and his cabinet accomplished you ask? Since the liberal media won’t tell you, we will.
Here you go.
*Trump ended the Obamacare penalty mandate https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/385722-trump-has-quietly-saved-millions-from-obamacares-individual-mandate
* Trump signed a law ending the gag orders on Pharmacists that prevented them from sharing money-saving information. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/2554/text
* He signed a bill this year allowing some drug imports from Canada so that prescription prices would go down. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/trump-administration-takes-historic-steps-lower-us-prescription-drug-prices
* Trump signed an executive order this year that forces all healthcare providers to disclose the cost of their services so that Americans can comparison shop and know how much fewer providers charge insurance companies.
- When signing that bill he said no American should be blindsided by bills for medical services they never agreed to in advance.
- Hospitals will now be required to post their standard charges for services, which include the discounted price a hospital is willing to accept. https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2019/11/15/trump-administration-announces-historic-price-transparency-and-lower-healthcare-costs-for-all-americans.html
* In the eight years prior to President Trump’s inauguration, prescription drug prices increased by an average of 3.6% per year. Under Trump, drug prices have seen year-over-year declines in nine of the last ten months, with a 1.1% drop as of the most recent month. https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/prescription-drug-prices-falling-historic-levels-thanks-trump-administration-policies/
* Trump administration will provide HIV prevention drugs for free to 200,000 uninsured patients per year for 11 years. https://www.statnews.com/2019/12/03/trump-administration-will-provide-hiv-prevention-drug-for-free-to-uninsured-in-new-program/
* Trump signed a bill to require airports to provide spaces for breastfeeding Moms. https://www.kmov.com/news/trump-signs-bill-requiring-airports-to-provide-spaces-for-breastfeeding/article_0a771fa6-942e-5419-8ad5-b0fea295a05a.html
* Trump signed an order allowing small businesses to group together when buying insurance to get a better price. https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/454244-trumps-health-care-initiatives-are-great-for-small-business-except-for-one
* President Trump signed the Preventing Maternal Deaths Act that provides funding for states to develop maternal mortality reviews to better understand maternal complications and identify solutions & largely focuses on reducing the higher mortality rates for Black Americans. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1318
* Under Trump, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. https://www.tampabay.com/health/the-fda-under-trump-has-approved-1600-generic-drugs-but-many-arent-for-sale-yet-20190208/
* Reformed Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors 100’s of millions of $$$ this year alone. https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/07/24/trump-administration-announces-historic-action-lower-drug-prices-americans.html
* Signed Right-To-Try legislation allowing terminally ill patients to try an experimental treatment that wasn’t allowed before. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-sign-right-try-legislation-fulfilling-promise-made-expand-healthcare-options-terminal-americans/
* Signed legislation to improve the National Suicide Hotline. https://www.sprc.org/news/trump-signs-law-giving-suicide-lifeline-makeover
* Signed the most comprehensive childhood cancer legislation ever into law, which will advance childhood cancer research and improve treatments. https://cancerdiscovery.aacrjournals.org/content/8/7/785
* In 2019 President Donald Trump signed the Autism Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education and Support Act (CARES) into law which allocates $1.8 billion in funding over the next five years to help people with autism spectrum disorder and to help their families. https://www.autismspeaks.org/press-release/autism-speaks-applauds-passage-autism-cares-act-2019
* In 2019 President Trump signed into law two funding packages providing nearly $19 million in new funding for Lupus specific research and education programs, as well an additional $41.7 billion in funding for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the most Lupus funding EVER. https://www.lupus.org/news/president-signs-nearly-19-million-in-lupus-funding-into-law
* Issued an executive order requiring the Secretaries of Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs to submit a joint plan to provide veterans access to access to mental health treatment as they transition to civilian life. https://www.army.mil/article/198936/president_trump_signs_order_to_improve_mental_health_care_for_transitioning_veterans
* He created a White House VA Hotline to help veterans and principally staffed it with veterans and direct family members of veterans. https://www.va.gov/ve/whvahotline.asp
* VA employees are being held accountable for poor performance, with more than 4,000 VA employees removed, demoted, and suspended so far. https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2018/01/03/va-firings-spiked-after-trump-signed-the-new-accountability-law-last-year/
* Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch. https://www.spaceforce.mil/
First Step Act/Criminal Justice
* In 2018, President Trump signed the groundbreaking First Step Act, a criminal justice bill that enacted reforms that make our justice system fairer and help former inmates successfully return to society. https://www.bop.gov/inmates/fsa/overview.jsp
- The First Step Act’s reforms addressed inequities in sentencing laws that disproportionately harmed Black Americans and reformed mandatory minimums that created unfair outcomes.
- The First Step Act expanded judicial discretion in the sentencing of non-violent crimes.
- Over 90% of those benefitting from the retroactive sentencing reductions in the First Step Act are Black Americans. https://thegrio.com/2019/06/11/federal-report-first-step-act-black-men/
- The First Step Act provides rehabilitative programs to inmates, helping them successfully rejoin society and not return to crime.
* The Trump Administration is promoting second chance hiring to give former inmates the opportunity to live crime-free lives and find meaningful employment. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-second-chance-hiring/
* Trump’s DOJ and the Board Of Prisons launched a new “Ready to Work Initiative” to help connect employers directly with former prisoners. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-helping-americans-gain-second-chance-build-brighter-future/
* Violent crime has fallen every year he’s been in office after rising during the 2 years before he was elected. https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/10/10/us-violent-crime-rate-down-5-showing-president-trumps-combination-of-law-and-order-and-criminal-justice-reform-go-together-making-america-safer/#41633fd379cc
Historically Black Colleges and Universities
* Trump increased funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) by more than 14%. https://apnews.com/c4834e48841d97c5a93312b1bf75302a
* Trump signed legislation forgiving Hurricane Katrina debt that threatened HBCUs. https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/secretary-devos-issues-full-forgiveness-hbcu-hurricane-relief-loans
* Made HBCUs a priority by creating the position of executive director of the White House Initiative on HBCUs. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/presidential-executive-order-white-house-initiative-promote-excellence-innovation-historically-black-colleges-universities/
* Trump received the Bipartisan Justice Award at a historically black college for his criminal justice reform accomplishments. https://www.abccolumbia.com/2019/10/25/president-donald-trump-receives-bipartisan-justice-award-in-columbia/
* Poverty rates for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels since the U.S. began collecting such data. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/oct/23/donald-trump/african-american-hispanic-poverty-all-time-low/
* The poverty rate fell to a 17-year low of 11.8% under the Trump administration as a result of a jobs-rich environment. https://www.census.gov/library/publications/2019/demo/p60-266.html
* New single-family home sales are up 31.6% in October 2019 compared to just one year ago. https://www.builderonline.com/money/economics/new-home-sales-slip-a-bit-in-october_o
* More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history. https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-record-high-employment-jobs-numbers-boast-meaningless-2019-11
* More than 300,000 manufacturing jobs created since his election. https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/07/10/in-trumps-first-30-months-manufacturing-up-by-314000-jobs-over-obama-what-states-are-hot/#d56af772677b
* Withdrew the U.S. from the job-killing TPP deal. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/presidential-memorandum-regarding-withdrawal-united-states-trans-pacific-partnership-negotiations-agreement/
* Secured $250 billion in new trade and investment deals in China and $12 billion in Vietnam. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/15/trump-and-china-sign-phase-one-trade-agreement.html
* Okay’d up to $19 billion in aid for farmers affected by unfair trade retaliation. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/17/white-house-farmer-aid-193180
* Consumer confidence & small business confidence nears all-time high. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/no-worries-consumer-confidence-surges-in-july-and-close-to-a-postrecession-high-again-2019-07-30
* The tax cuts signed into law by President Trump promote school choice by allowing families to use 529 college savings plans for elementary and secondary education. https://www.savingforcollege.com/articles/coming-soon-big-changes-to-529-plans
* President Trump’s historic tax cut legislation included new Opportunity Zone Incentives to promote investment in low-income communities across the country. https://www.eda.gov/opportunity-zones/
- 8,764 communities across the country have been designated as Opportunity Zones.
- Opportunity Zones are expected to spur $100 billion in long-term private capital investment in economically distressed communities across the country.
* Median household income has hit the highest level ever recorded. https://checkyourfact.com/2018/10/16/fact-check-median-household-income-record-high/
- African-American unemployment is at an all-time low. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/04/black-and-hispanic-unemployment-is-at-a-record-low.html
- Hispanic-American unemployment is at an all-time low.
- Asian-American unemployment is at an all-time low.
- Women’s unemployment rate is at a 65-year low.
- Youth unemployment is at a 50-year low.
* The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. https://www.whitehouse.gov/pledge-to-americas-workers/
* Record number of regulations eliminated that hurt small businesses. https://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/how-trump-regulatory-rollback-boosts-small-businesses/
* Signed welfare reform requiring able-bodied adults who don’t have children to work or look for work if they’re on welfare. https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2019/12/04/usda-restores-original-intent-snap-second-chance-not-way-life
* The 25% lowest-paid Americans enjoyed a 4.5% income boost in November 2019, which outpaces a 2.9% gain in earnings for the country’s highest-paid workers. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/low-wage-workers-are-getting-bigger-raises-than-bosses/
* Low-wage workers are benefiting from higher minimum wages and from corporations that are increasing entry-level pay. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/low-wage-workers-are-getting-bigger-raises-than-bosses/
* All-time record sales during the 2019 holidays. https://www.smartmarketnews.com/news/2019-12-26/2019-holiday-retail-sales-were-up-34-the-biggest-number-in-us-history
* The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law by Trump doubled the maximum amount of the child tax credit available to parents and lifted the income limits so more people could claim it. https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/what-child-tax-credit
* The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit (CDCTC) signed into law by Trump provides a tax credit equal to 20-35% of child care expenses, $3,000 per child & $6,000 per family + Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside up to $5,000 in pre-tax $ to use for child care. https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc602
* Because of a bill signed and championed by Trump, In 2020, most federal employees will see their pay increase by an average of 3.1% — the largest raise in more than 10 years. https://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/2019/12/trump-finalizes-pay-raise-feds-2020/162114/
* President Trump signed a bill that creates five national monuments, expands several national parks, adds 1.3 million acres of wilderness, and permanently reauthorizes the Land and Water, Conservation Fund. https://apnews.com/8adbf18aaf2e4c8cbdfa0cbd8c378b9c
* Trump signed the biggest wilderness protection & conservation bill in a decade and designated 375,000 acres as protected land. https://www.newsweek.com/wilderness-protection-bill-donald-trump-sign-environment-largest-death-valley-1361412
* Trump signed the Save our Seas Act which funds $10 million per year to clean tons of plastic & garbage from the ocean. https://apnews.com/2d5947a8bd924adc9f0ab077177fabdd
* Trump’s USDA committed $124 Million to rebuild rural water infrastructure. https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2020/08/03/trump-administration-invests-462-million-modernize-water-and
* Secured $6 billion in new funding to fight the opioid epidemic. https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2019/09/04/trump-administration-announces-1-8-billion-funding-states-combating-opioid.html
* In 2018, President Trump signed into law a $2.4 billion funding increase for the Child Care and Development Fund, providing a total of $8.1 billion to states to fund child care for low-income families. https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/work-cost-child-care/
* Trump recently signed 3 bills to benefit Native people. One gives compensation to the Spokane tribe for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s, one funds Native language programs, and the third gives federal recognition to the Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana. https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/diversity-inclusion/476049-trump-signed-three-bills-affecting-native
* Trump’s EPA gave $100 million to fix the water infrastructure problem in Flint, Michigan. https://www.epa.gov/flint
* Trump’s OMB published new anti-trafficking guidance for government procurement officials to more effectively combat human trafficking. https://www.insidegovernmentcontracts.com/2020/01/trump-administration-renews-focus-on-anti-human-trafficking-efforts/
* Trump signed the “Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act” (FOSTA), which includes the “Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act” (SESTA) which both give law enforcement and victims new tools to fight sex trafficking. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1865/text
* Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services provided funding to support the National Human Trafficking Hotline to identify perpetrators and give victims the help they need. https://www.state.gov/domestic-trafficking-hotlines/
- The hotline identified 16,862 potential human trafficking cases.
*Trump’s DOJ provided grants to organizations that support human trafficking victims – serving nearly 9,000 cases from July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018. https://apnews.com/89347d1b618ab522ec6d13aa114f4e92
* President Trump has called on Congress to pass school choice legislation so that no child is trapped in a failing school because of his or her zip code. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-trump-is-fighting-for-every-familys-freedom-to-choose-the-best-possible-education-for-their-children/
* The President signed funding legislation in September 2018 that increased funding for school choice by $42 million. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-signing-h-r-6157/
*$85 million will be awarded over 5 years to disadvantaged, low-income students in Washington D.C. to attend the private school of their choice. https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/trump-administration-announces-85-million-support-disadvantaged-students-nations-capital-attending-k-12-private-schools-their-choice
* Signed the first Perkins CTE reauthorization since 2006, authorizing more than $1 billion for states each year to fund vocational and career education programs. https://www.educationdive.com/news/perkins-cte-act-reauthorization-passes-congress/528631/
* Executive order expanding apprenticeship opportunities for students and workers. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/3245/
* Signed an executive order that allows the government to withhold money from college campuses deemed to be anti-Semitic and who fail to combat anti-Semitism. https://www.heritage.org/religious-liberty/commentary/trumps-executive-order-against-anti-semitism-will-protect-us-jews
Around the World
* Under his leadership, ISIS has lost most of its territory and been largely dismantled. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47678157
* ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi was killed. https://www.njhomelandsecurity.gov/analysis/tag/Abu+Bakr+al-Baghdadi
* Trump issued an Executive Order prohibiting the U.S. government from discriminating against Christians or punishing expressions of faith. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-advancing-international-religious-freedom/
* President Trump ordered a halt to U.S. tax money going to international organizations that fund or perform abortions. https://www.pop.org/president-trump-signs-executive-order-stopping-taxpayer-dollars-from-funding-pro-abortion-organizations-overseas/
* Trump imposed sanctions on the socialists in Venezuela who have killed their citizens. https://www.state.gov/venezuela-related-sanctions/
* Finalized new trade agreement with South Korea. https://www.cato.org/publications/free-trade-bulletin/trumps-first-trade-deal-slightly-revised-korea-us-free-trade
* Made a deal with the European Union to increase U.S. energy exports to Europe https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy/us-natural-gas-exports-to-europe-surge-nearly-300
* Has had over a dozen US hostages freed, including those Obama could not get freed. https://nypost.com/2020/08/24/rnc-2020-trump-meets-at-white-house-with-us-hostages-he-freed/
* Trump appointed 5 openly gay ambassadors. https://www.washingtonblade.com/2019/12/21/senate-confirms-fifth-openly-gay-ambassador-under-trump/
* Trump ordered Ric Grenell, his openly gay ambassador to Germany, to lead a global initiative to decriminalize homosexuality across the globe. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/world/europe/grenell-homosexuality-decriminalize-.html
* NATO allies increased their defense spending because of his pressure campaign. https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_171458.htm
* Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord in 2017 and that same year the U.S. still led the world by having the largest reduction in carbon emissions. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-trump-paris-climate-accord/
* Moved U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-keeps-promise-open-u-s-embassy-jerusalem-israel/
* Agreed to a new trade deal with Mexico & Canada that will increase jobs here and $$$ coming in. https://apnews.com/222da26d3fe441dc0afca4194addfc6f
* Under Trump’s leadership, in 2018 the U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil. https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=37053
* Has his circuit court judge nominees being confirmed faster than any other new administration.
- Had his Supreme Court Justice’s Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh confirmed. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/07/15/how-trump-compares-with-other-recent-presidents-in-appointing-federal-judges/
* Trump signed the first major anti-robocall law in decades called the TRACED Act (Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence.) Once it’s the law, the TRACED Act will extend the period of time the FCC has to catch & punish those who intentionally break telemarketing restrictions. The bill also requires voice service providers to develop a framework to verify calls are legitimate before they reach your phone. https://www.zdnet.com/article/trump-signs-the-traced-act-the-first-federal-anti-robocall-law/
* Trump signed the Music Modernization Act, the biggest change to copyright law in decades. https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/trump-signs-music-modernization-act-736185/
* Trump signed a law to make cruelty to animals a federal felony so that animal abusers face tougher consequences. https://www.npr.org/2019/11/25/782842651/trump-signs-law-making-cruelty-to-animals-a-federal-crime
* Trump signed a bill making CBD and Hemp legal. https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2018/12/21/trump-signs-farm-bill-making-cbd-and-hemp-federally-legal/2385540002/
* Trump signed into law up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for millions of federal workers. https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/employment-law/pages/trump-approves-paid-parental-leave-for-federal-workers.aspx