My dentist called today with a reminder for an upcoming scheduled appointment. We confirmed the date and time. Then the office worker said the practice requires patients to wear face masks. It made me pause for a moment.
How are they going to work on my teeth without mask removal? It is 14 feet from the front door to the check-in point. It is an additional 22 feet from check in to the exam chair. That’s about a total of 12 steps inside the office from the front door to the chair and 12 more back.
Who’s protecting who from what? Masks are stupid. Masks don’t stop a virus any more than your underwear prevents the smell of a fart from escaping. Why does wearing a mask to a dental appointment make more sense than asking: How long toilet paper will last if you freeze it?
The serious ones
The governor said at a news conference that reopening schools in the fall is dependent on a poll of parents.
- This is a tacit admission the governor has no intention of ending the state of emergency before Labor Day. The governor is a tyrant abusing his power. He knows the declaration of the state of emergency must be renewed every 21 days.
- When was the need for schooling put on the list of items for the governor’s discretion? He just put it there over my objection.
- When did a state of emergency become dependent on a poll of parents? We either have a state of emergency or we don’t. Why isn’t it appropriate to use the invalidation of reason for the declaration of a state of emergency as reason for ending it? Goalpost moving is inappropriate. (Executive Order 2020-04)
- The governor’s executive orders remain in effect only because of… and as long as… the declaration of a state of emergency is in effect.
- The State of emergency was issued based on the expectation the virus would overwhelm New Hampshire’s Hospitals.
- We have not approached even 10% of hospital capacity for virus-related cases at any point since the declaration was declared.
- Why is the governor not in court defending his emergency declaration?
- The legislature delegated to the governor the authority he is abusing.
- Why isn’t the legislature acting to end the state of emergency… why are they not ending this tyranny? Three months into this they are clearly feckless.
- Why can the governor keep extending the state of emergency indefinitely? Who thought that was a great idea? Why doe he not have to go to the legislature for concurrence for re-issuance.
Stopping Petty Tyrannies Is How We Beat the Serious Ones