How are the clinical trials of Hydroxychloroquine in New York State turning out? Well, the trials began last Tuesday. Strange there isn’t more reporting on the results, don’t you think?
Before President Trump gave it mention there was a robust interest in looking at the replication of results from other countries. It has been in use in China, India, South Korea, and France. Thanks to Townhall.com columnist Kevin McCullough whose work is largely replicated here.
American medical authorities didn’t give credence to the claims. That was until the controlled study in southern France. That study returned a one in 10,000 chance that the results were anecdotal. That’s a pretty strong indicator they would be possible to replicate. Dr. Fauci was foot-dragging even as that study was becoming public.
Then the president mentioned it. All of a sudden it became a political issue. It should not be. The willingness by anyone of either political party to weaponize an actual solution or series of solutions to COVID-19 is pretty despicable. The good news is coming in. There is a reason for hope.
Here are some new developments from the last few days and hours:
• Dr. Fauci when asked if he would use the Hydroxychloroquine cocktail, answered with resounding affirmation. (Simply because he had asked for better clinical evidence previously did not mean he was unaware of what the data was already showing).
• France reversed its previous ban on the drug. When the highly esteemed Dr. Didier Raoult released his first survey’s findings the French medical authorities were resistant. As he released an even larger study, with more patients and improved results from his initial study, the French public health officials had no choice but to give guidance as to its use.
• India’s public health guidance granted affirmation for physicians and front line medical workers to begin taking it as a preventative. This use was the very suggestion recommended as first steps a week ago. Since our own CDC has cited its prophylactic benefits our doctors and front line medical personnel should be taking it now.
• Given the increased acceptance here in the states not one, but as many as seven different pharmaceutical companies have agreed to mass produce as much as 250 million doses by mid-April. Given Dr. Raoult’s guidance in both of his studies, this would give the globe enough inventory to cure 46,000,000 cases. Presently we have not yet hit one million cases worldwide. Notably, Bayer, Novartis and Teva Pharm stepped up, pledging to donate several million doses right out of the shoot.
• Doctors began prescribing off-label use and in doing so are replicating the clinical results in remarkable fashion. One doctor in Monroe, New York has treated in excess of 700 patients. As of this writing, he’s lost zero patients to death, zero to intubation, and only two to hospitalization. Another doctor in New York City has treated in excess of 100 patients with zero deaths.
The week to come…
Clinical findings will soon begin to trickle in. Probably they will start this coming week. The clinical results show the patients going from symptomatic to negative testing on average in 5-6 days. Tuesday will mark one week since the trials began. We’ll watch the “recovery” numbers in New York closely, looking for the turn.
The Democrats, the media, and those despising the president want these trials to fail. Three Democrat governors ban the use of the drug cocktail. One has threatened action against doctors who prescribe it. It appears the President cares more about the people in their states than their own governors do.
The global medical focus is back on what the drugs can actually do not on who is promoting them. Use of them in the USA is already demonstrating lifesaving results. It appears there will be no inventory problem in prescribing them due to the generosity, not greed, of “big pharma.” Pray this potential cure helps us all as we seek to normalize life again… Is Hydroxychloroquine coming? Be encouraged! Help is on the way!