So last night I posted about how Jeanne Shaheen is filibustering the very Coronavirus-relief bill she helped negotiate and write … because Nancy Pelosi decided to use the present and rapidly-growing economic crisis to pass a wish-list of Democrat legislation.
When you see what the Democrats want added to the Coronavirus bill, your draw will drop. But full attribution to Rachel Bovard and to Senator Tom Cotton, who compiled lists that I drew on to make mine:
Pelosi's #COVID19 bill is 1,119 pages and contains provisions for "conducting risk-limiting audits of results of elections" so yeah it's really very focused on the crisis at hand.🤦🏻♀️ pic.twitter.com/Q6axBi14lZ
— Rachel Bovard (@rachelbovard) March 23, 2020
Families and businesses need help now to survive the China virus pandemic. But @SpeakerPelosi walked away from negotiations to write her own bill, full of absurd provisions completely unrelated to the crisis at hand. Here’s what Speaker Pelosi is demanding while Americans suffer:
— Tom Cotton (@SenTomCotton) March 23, 2020
You can click on the tweets above and read the entire threads. I encourage you to do so. But here’s the list.
- Risk Limiting Audits of Elections (whatever that means).
- Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance
- A bail-out of the Post Office.
- A student loan bailout.
- Diversity mandates for corporate Boards of Directors.
- Requiring all States to offer “Early Voting”.
- Requiring all States to offer “Same-Day Voter Registration”.
- Increased collective bargaining rights for federal employees.
- Requiring airlines to offset carbon emissions.
- Requiring airlines to report greenhouse gas emissions for every flight.
- Retirement plans for newspapers.
- $15.00 minimum wage at any business receiving assistance (NO exception for small businesses).
- Permanent paid leave at any business receiving assistance.
- A program to expand minority banks.
- “Diversity and Inclusion” mandates for any business receiving Coronavirus-relief funding.
This is simply disgusting. Our economy is on the brink of a downturn that could be worse than the Great Depression — 30% unemployment and GDP halved — and Jeannie is holding up relief legislation in order to force GOP to accept Democrat legislation that would NEVER pass on its own and has NOTHING to do with addressing the harm done by Coronavirus. D I S G U S T I N G.