Question #7: Adversarial relationship between State agencies vs ordinary folks?
To fix a perceived problem (which Questions 5 & 6 brought up), you have to know all about the problem – or at least the biggest and most influential parts of the problem. In discussing State Agencies, we wanted to know if there was a sense of “us vs them”, if State Agencies had drifted into a condition of reversing the proper role of government serving the people and morphing into one of “we will ensure that YOU follow OUR rules”.
Adversarial relationship between State agencies vs ordinary folks?
- Question 1: Why are you running again? Didn’t you have enough of the slings and arrows thrown against you as a State Senator?
- Question 2: Where did the idea of using scooters for door-to-door campaigning; why not Segways?
- Question 3: RGGI. What happened and why RGGI didn’t get deep sixed?
- Question 4: Administratively imposed taxes: RGGI-a broad based tax set out by out of State bureacrats. JLCAR – the ability for Executive Branch to install taxes (fees, fines) independent of Legislature – get rid of that practice?
- Question 5: Proper Role of Government-Conservative/Libertarian vs Progressive ideal – which is right? Reforming what State agencies are tasked to do and how to do it?
- Question 6: Why haven’t they done it already? What kind of inertia elements are in place that are stopping this? Technophobia? Cost? Fear of change?