We realize that some of you are just too busy to keep up with all the things going on in the political world and to be honest, so are we. And when it comes to having a president named Obama every day is some kind of crisis and more often than not, it’s his mouth that has created it. So it is often necessary, when the opportunity presents itself, too stop and take a quick look back, to see what was happening in the other rings of the circus that we missed.
Enter Ed Morrissey and Hot Air, where they take the time to chronicle all the Obama-nonsense and let readers vote on which of the many choices is by far the dumbest thing that came out of DEar Leaders mouth that given week.
This weeks walk away winner with 93% of the vote so far is “If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
Obama, having never built anything himself might not be the best judge, but then that is what makes this so precious.
So it this kind of wisdom that has been captured and while there are now 150 weeks worth of winners–and all the entrants in between–I’ve grabbed the ones from 2012 as a prime, with links, for your Sunday evening enjoyment.
- “But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people…”
- Pitches amnesty policy at naturalization ceremony of people who entered legally
- Removing silverware from tables before speaking to Hispanic voters
- Scolds American Crossroads for lack of transparency … on same day Obama asserted executive privilege in Fast & Furious probe
- “The private sector is doing fine“
- Declares Lech Walesa “too political” to accept award, gives another to Dolores Huerta, chair of Democratic Socialists of America
- “Polish death camp“
- “[T]hose of us who have spent time in the real world . . .”
- Adds himself into presidential histories of his predecessors, screws up JFK quote
- “When I think about, ah, those soldiers or airmen or Marines, sailors, who are out there fighting on my behalf …”
- Includes Nazi collaborator/Hitler admirer in proclamation for Jewish American Heritage Month
- Obamas griped that the American public just did not appreciate their exceptional leader
- Gets annoyed when asked about number of vacations, doesn’t answer question
- “I’m confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.”
- “This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.”
- Blames Fox News for his unpopularity because “they hear Obama is a Muslim 24/7, and it begins to seep in”
- Attacks Limbaugh while remaining silent on Maher contribution to his super-PAC
- Says “when the chips are down, I have Israel’s back,” WH claims it’s not a military doctrine
- Apology to Karzai “calmed things down“
- Uses Boeing plant in SC to cheer manufacturing after his NLRB tried to shut it down
- Emphasizes graduation rates in SOTU, cuts DC voucher program that nearly doubled grad rates
- “Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes.”
- Finds claim of unemployment “interesting” because he is getting “the word” that woman’s husband should have no trouble finding work
- Hails Roe as essential to allow “our daughters … to fulfill their dreams“
- Shuts down DisneyWorld in order to promote tourism
- “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it[.]
- Famous opponent of signing statements issues one covering 17 provisions of bill he signed