In NH’s Executive Council District 4, we are endorsing Bob Burns. While his youthful demeanor might signify little experience, the opposite is true. His family has been active in politics in various ways and he has been actively involved for a long time; he is the current Hillsborough County Treasurer. Having known Bob for several years now and having had the chance to listen and speak with him, we believe him to be the best suited candidate from the District to sit at the table to ride herd on the next Governor and keep the taxpayers’ interests first. Of the folks we have had the chance to talk to about the position, he was the most able to talk about some of the nuances of what he would face and how he would bring a conservative view to that table. We believe that he will translate those words into action.
We did have the chance to do an interview series with Bob Burns:
- Question 1: Why are you running?
- Question 2: You have a short list of things that the Executive Council needs to do or needs not to do?
- Question 3: State Govt too big, too small, or just right and if you gain the seat on the Exec. Council, how would you answer that question and what would the Exec. Council be able to do to implement that?
- Question 4: But you are voting not on the bills but on the contracts stemming from passed legislation, right? Can you change the contracts?
- Question 5: “Hacks” vs “Public Servants” for appointments?
- Question 6: A comment from Question 5: If you want a friend in DC, get a dog.
- Question 7: You’ve mentioned contracts, you’ve mentioned judges / dept. heads; what else does the Council do that has a specific interest in your heart that you would need to monitor or change or…
- Question 8: Coming up to a primary – why “me” versus those I am running against?
We fully endorse Bob for Executive Council and ask for your vote for him.