One of the biggest items that this two year session of the NH House has had to face was cleaning up the budget left by the Democrat supermajorities in the House and Senate that left the Republican supermajorities between a $600 million to a $1 Billion deficit. They handled it by cutting the budget back by that amount and they should end up close to what was estimated without having to resort to budgetary accounting stunts or additional borrowing.
With that as a backdrop, and knowing that the bulk of the Democrat spending was on social issues of their devise, the question to John was:
Your reaction to the statement that all social issues have fiscal costs?
- Question 1– Has it been everything you thought in the House? glad you put the time in? Best part of being a Rep.?
- Question 2 – Biggest impact you have have had on legislation as a House Rep?
- Question 3 – Should Govt be in the role of selling services and goods?
- Question 4 – Why step up to the NH Senate
- Question 5 – What is your platform?