As a man [or woman], I used to think I was pretty much just a regular person, but I was born white, into a two-parent household which now, whether I like it or not, makes me “Privileged”, a racist & responsible for slavery.
We’d like to thank Sandy for this Op-Ed. If you have an Op-Ed or LTE
you would like us to consider please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org or Skip@GraniteGrok.com.
- I am a fiscal & moral conservative, which by today’s standards, makes me a fascist because I plan, budget & support myself.
- I went to High School, got a degree, got in some college & have always held a job. But I now find out that I am not here because I earned it, but because I was “advantaged”.
- I am heterosexual, which according to “gay” folks, now makes me a homophobe.
- I am not a Muslim, which now labels me as an infidel.
- I believe in the 2nd Amendment, which makes me a de facto member of the “vast NRA gun lobby”
- I am older than 60, making me a useless eater who doesn’t understand Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat.
- I think & I reason, and I doubt much of what the “mainstream” media tells me, which makes me a “Right-wing conspiracy nut”.
- I am proud of my heritage & our inclusive American culture, making me a xenophobe.
- I believe in hard work, fair play, & fair compensation according to each individual’s merits, which today makes me an anti-socialist.
- I believe our system guarantees freedom of effort – not freedom of outcome or subsidies which makes me a borderline sociopath.
- I believe in the defense & protection of America for & by all citizens, now making me a militant.
- I am proud of our flag, what it stands for and the many who died to let it fly, so I stand & salute during our National Anthem – so I must be a racist.
Please help me come to terms with the new me because I’m just not sure who I am anymore!
Funny – it all took place over the last 7 or 8 years! If all this nonsense wasn’t enough to deal with, now I don’t even know which restroom to use, and I gotta go more FREQUENTLY!
This is the way of the Left – while they claim that the rest of us “marginalize” others (especially those in their Identity Politics Totem Pole), they have no problem in “inclusively” marginalize the rest of us – to demoralize, to “cut apart from the herd”, to single you out, and to beat you down. No matter what it is, the value we used to believe were good are now part of being a deplorable.
They use these to silence you, to take away your voice, and to get you to think “I must be the only one that thinks like this – therefore I am wrong”. And once they can get you to this point (by ANY means possible on their part), you’ve lost. This is by intent on their part. It is Alinsky’s Rule for Radicals #12:
RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
You were picked, they are trying to “brain freeze you”, they’re making it REAL personal, and then they want your friends and family to shy away from. They don’t care about you (even as they say all those platitudes about Love, Unity, Inclusivity, and all the rest) – they wish to minimize you at best and destroy you at worst (although they believe that destroying you, what you stand for, and what you believe is FAR better than merely minimizing you).
Ignore them. Laugh at them, let them know you no longer care (because they are deliberately using the fact that most people DO care and don’t wish to be labeled “badly”). Respond with a large smile and simply say “Up your’s!”. Smile again, offer to shake their hand (or, during this Wu Flu era), tap elbows, tap goes), and watch them grimace and do the stompy-feet dance.