I’ve been speaking and writing in opposition to the redoing of the town dump. $1.4 million dollars to create the Gilford Recycling Center, at a time when the recycling marketplace was drying up faster than our lawns this summer.
Related: Is Recycling a “Waste” of Time?
The big cause was that China decided that it no longer wanted the world’s trash/recyclables. The State’s papers all reported on the wailing that recycling efforts by towns and cities were skyrocketing out of control – and that sending it out as trash to a landfill or incinerator was cheaper.
But Scott Dunn and the Progressives on the Budget Committee (they basically took it over in the last election) persisted (catch the little joke there? Yeah, I recycled it). And spent good money after bad as they insisted that there will ALWAYS be a marketplace for recycling. Sure, there will be and I have no problem in admitting that. The question I had that they refused to answer was “How BIG of a marketplace and after so much money spent, what was the ROI going to be for their efforts in spending our money”? Add to that, the time and effort that the Town was pushing off to the townfolk that was never priced into the overall cost of this Taj Mahal of Government Stupidity. We were told, “this will make us MONEY!”. The proper question is, after spending all this money, would it at least break even or perhaps make a slight profit in paying for the expenses”. Remember, the last time I brought this up, I noted that revenue estimates PLUNGED to $99,000 / year even as expenses EXPLODED to the point that the taxpayers were on the hook for an additional $7 million over the next 10 years for the Town Administrator, Scott Dunn, push for this obvious boondoggle. What did he care – he’s not on the hook for the price of this monstrosity, is he?
So, time for an update. Thus, time for yet another RSA 91-A Right To Know request – just to make it formal:
—– Original Message ——
From: “Skip” <Skip@granitegrok.com>
Cc: “Dale Chan Eddy (email@example.com)” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com
Sent: 6/24/2020 7:05:33 PM
Subject: RSA 91-A Demand – Expenses and Revenues, year to date
Please consider this a formal RSA 91-A Right To Know demand.
I am looking for the following:
- Revenues to date for this fiscal year (GL account line item for the last budget process: 01-3404-917)
- Fees paid by Town residents for any materials brought to the Recycling Center by type of fee
- Payments by other entities by type of payments
- The following expenses for this fiscal year (last budget season’s GL Account line items):
- 01-4324-101 SW – Full Time Wages
- 01-4324-102 SW – Part Time Wages
- 01-4324-103 SW – Overtime
- 01-4324-104 SW – Holiday Pay
- 01-4324-107 SW – Accrual Payout
- 01-4324-109 SW – Merit Wages
- 01-4324-121 SW – Social Security
- 01-4324-122 SW – Medicare
- 01-4324-125 SW – Retirement
- 01-4324-131 SW – Health Insurance
- 01-4324-132 SW – Dental Insurance
- 01-4324-133 SW – Life & Disability Insurance
- 01-4324-241 SW – Professional Development
- 01-4324-321 SW – General Supplies
- 01-4324-325 SW – Transfer Station Coupons
- 01-4324-331 SW – Uniforms
- 01-4324-363 SW – Hazardous Waste Day
- 01-4324-421 SW- Vehicle Maintenance Expenses
- 01-4324-451 SW – New Equipment
- 01-4324-511 SW – Telephone
- 01-4324-512 SW – Electricity
- 01-4324-515 SW – Tipping Fees & Transportation
- 01-4324-518 SW – Recycling Expenses
- 01-4324-532 SW – Recycling Center Impro
If any of the above GL account items have been superseded or deleted, provide the new/updated GL accounts.
Further, this demand also includes all payments to vendors as separate items (e.g., not just the aggregated expense in 01-4324-515, 01-4324-518) or other GL account items associated with the Scott Dunn Monument to Economic Illiteracy (otherwise known as the Recycling Center).
Also to be included are all communications (including but not limited to voice mails, physical communications, electronic communications) concerning the SCMtEI – the Recycling Center. “All” is defined as internal to town resources or any external entities
Clock starts ticking tomorrow morning.
Have a nice day!
Former Gilford Budget Committee member
As with the RTK I just sent into the School Board concerning student/family surveillance by the School Board, this will be “interesting” as well but for FAR different reasons (heh!).
To Be Continued…