As in “is it YOU, the elected Representatives of the Voters, or is it the “Professional” staff?
Like a lot of schools, Bedford High is participating in a “Day of Silence” in advocacy for the LGBT movement. Students and Staff are to remain silent the entire day. I dunno about you but whenever *I* have been in class, the instructor had to talk to get the lesson across. And if I didn’t understand something, you can be sure that I wasn’t going to be silent, either. But I didn’t have to suffer through this kind of nonsense – I either TAUGHT or WAS taught academics during the school day. Advocacy stuff was done outside of class on one’s own time.
And you wonder why I keep saying that schools have become Indoctrination Centers (at an average cost thereabouts of $16K/year/student here in NH)??
So, let’s get to the bottom of this, shall we? My first NH RSA 91:A demand – how much is this “Advocacy” costing the taxpayers of Bedford?? And “where” are these expenditures going?
From: “Skip” <Skip@granitegrok.com>
Sent: 4/22/2021 8:31:38 PM
Subject: An official NH RSA 91:A Right To Know demand
Tomorrow is supposed is to be “A Day of Silence” in support of the “LGBT Community” at the Bedford High School – an example of “Action Civics” whereby students and teachers / staff are to remain silent throughout the day and prioritizing advocacy over academics. I am demanding the following information / materials. All materials related to this demand are to be preserved (according to the Law):
- What General Ledger line accounts in the current fiscal budget are being used to pay for any and all expenditures involved in this event?
- For any expenditures listed in item #1, please list any and all purchases:
- Item name
- Item description
- Item cost
- Vendor name, address, website, contact email / phone number
- Any correspondence between the School District and the vendor
- Purpose / intended use of each item purchased in the Day of Silence event/activity?
- The grade(s) in which each item is to be used?
- To which Lesson plan(s) was each item “attached”
- List the purpose(s) for each item with respect to use in classroom:
- Solely in classroom instruction
- Handouts solely for students
- Was this item allowed to go home for parent review
- Was it taken back from students by Staff at the end of the class time
- Did the School Board approve of such expenditures?
- List the roll call vote by School Board member for such approval – or denial
- Provide the materials used by Staff in presenting this activity to the School Board for approval to proceed.
- List the date(s) at which time this activity’s presentation to the Board
- Provide the minutes of the School Board meetings at which this activity was discussed in either Public or Non-Public session
- For the item above, if in non-Public, provide the “exemption clause” that was used to go into non-public session as well as the mandatory roll call needed to go into non-public session
According to RSA 91:A, you have five (5) business days to either return any and all responsive records or provide an estimate as to when those responsive records will be available for review. I am willing to come to the District’s office to do so. Please also provide a cost for hardcopy copying and if merely sending such response records electronically would also incur a cost. Provide an estimated cost of either. If prohibitive, I will provide my own copying equipment.