HB687 – relative to extreme risk protection orders – will face a full House vote this January. But, it moves to the full House without recommendation from committee after a deadlocked 10-10 vote on the Ought to Pass recommendation. The Inexpedient to Legislate (kill the bill) motion failed 9 to 11.
The 10 Democrats who voted for the Red Flag Bill to pass are:
- Renny Cushing (D-Hampton, Rockingham 21) Email
- Beth Rodd (D-Bradford, Merrimack 6) Email
- Laura Pantelakos (D-Portsmouth, Rockingham 25) Email
- Linda Harriott-Gathright (D-Nashua, Hillsborough 36) Email
- Linn Opderbecke (D-Dover, Strafford 15) Email
- David Meuse (D-Portsmouth, Rockingham 29) Email
- Nancy Murphy (D-Merrimack, Hillsborough 21) Email
- Ray Newman (D-Nashua, Hillsborough 29) Email
- Julie Radhakrishnan (D-Amherst, Hillsborough 22) Email
- Sandy Swinburne (D-Marlborough, Chesire 10) Email
Two Democrats voted against Passing the Bill, Andrew O’Hearne and John Bordenet, but only Bordenet voted to kill the bill (ITL.)
The whole House will now vote on the bill in January when session reconvenes.
The Women’s Defense League New Hampshire was there today, and took video of the Executive Session. See it for yourself here:HB687