CAIR, the Council on American–Islamic Relations is a self proclaimed non-profit Muslim civil rights and advocacy group. Critics of CAIR, such as the United Arab Emirates (UAE), have accused it of pursuing an Islamist agenda and have claimed that the group is connected to Hamas, and the Muslim Brotherhood. CAIR rejects these claims in employment of the Islamic tactic of taqiyya.
Some history of the organization
In 2007, the organization, CAIR, was named by U.S. Federal prosecutors as an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas funding case. The case involved the Holy Land Foundation (HLF). Five former HLF officials were convicted on 108 counts, ranging from money laundering to conspiring to provide material support to terrorists. This action caused the FBI in 2009 to cease working with CAIR outside of criminal investigations due to its designation. CAIR has also been criticized for allegedly publishing propaganda.
In 2014 the UAE announced that it considers the Muslim Brotherhood and some of its global affiliates as terrorist organizations. That list of global affiliates includes the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Muslim American Society (MAS). The UAE action followed Saudi Arabia’s decision to label the Egyptian-based Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization.
An example of Hamas outreach
To understand who CAIR supports and promotes consider this excerpt from the Jerusalem Post 3/12/2019: A senior Hamas member has encouraged Palestinian children to be martyrs and join terrorist organization in a video published on the Hamas public broadcaster in Gaza. A video, published by The Middle East Media Research Institute, shows the Hamas member saying that they “will teach our kids in the kindergartens, the elementary schools, and the middle schools how to move forward and liberate their lands.
“Oh the youth of Palestine, oh the youth of Gaza, you should join the Al-Quds and Al-Qassam, the mujahideen [Jihadists] and the freeman wherever they may be,” he said encouraging them to join the internationally recognized terrorist organizations. The senior Hamas member also said “the Jews are vanquished, they have been defeated,” he told the crowd. “Those who stood by them out of despair will not save them from us, from our weapons, and from our land marches.”
He also slammed Arab countries that have chosen to have “normalize their ties [with Israel] overtly or covertly” saying that they “will not succeed” or be “victorious.” “You shall be buried in the trash heaps of history…alongside Allah’s enemies – the Jews,” the Hamas member added.
CAIR funds Hamas and these Congressmen are affiliated with them
Hamas’ slogan is, “Allah is its goal, the Prophet its model, the Qur’an its Constitution, Jihad its path and death for the case of Allah its most sublime belief.” Your tax dollars are supporting the non-profit status of CAIR. Should America be borrowing so the U.S. government can extend tax advantaged status to a group providing aid and comfort to those actively working for annihilation of Israel?
In public and in Congress CAIR is supportive of and works with Rep. Ilhan Omar, Rep. Rashida Tlaib and Rep. Andre Carson. How many people understand the Hamas charter calls for destruction of Israel and genocide of world Jewry? CAIR raises money for Hamas who advocates genocide… that’s what they do, jihad through financing Hamas’ and its stated goals.
5. Relations, Council on American-Islamic. “CAIR: 280 Delegates Lobby Congress on ‘Historic’ First National Muslim Advocacy Day”.
6. “Civil Rights Organizations — The Civil Rights Project at UCLA”. www.civilrightsproject.ucla.edu.
7. “What Is CAIR? Muslim Civil Rights Group Struggles To Fight Islamophobia After Recent Shootings”. December 4, 2015.
8. Du, Susan. “Mystery letter to civil rights group threatens eradication of Islam – City Pages”. City Pages.
9. “List of groups designated terrorist organizations by the UAE”. The National. Retrieved 2018-12-25.
10. “Scrutiny Increases for a Group Advocating for Muslims in U.S.” The New York Times. March 14, 2007.
11. Sethi, Arjun Singh (February 8, 2017). “Calling the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group would hurt all American Muslims” – via www.washingtonpost.com.
12. Washington Post: “Why the U.A.E. is calling 2 American groups terrorists” By Adam Taylor November 17, 2014
13. Fox News: FBI Cuts Ties With CAIR Following Terror Financing Trial Archived November 28, 2015, at the Wayback Machine, January 30, 2009, retrieved November 29, 2012
14. http://coop.txnd.uscourts.gov/judges/hlf2.html Archived November 28, 2017, at the Wayback Machine Elbarasse Search US v Holy Land Foundation (HLF) trial (Dallas, 2008), the largest terrorism financing and Hamas trial in American history
15. Admins, IP. “Dispelling Rumors About CAIR – CAIR”. www.cair.com. Archived from the original on 2013-03-09.