A woman is an adult female human. A girl is a minor female human. The Pussy Church serves Women and Girls only. Males are not permitted to participate, regardless of how they identify. We expressly reject the concepts of gender identity, transgenderism, and gender as being meaningful to defining what a Woman or Girl is.
Because it is a recognized church these rules that are protected by the Constitution and affirmed by the US Supreme Court. If you were not born a biological woman you can’t join the club.
The Pu**y Church of Modern Witchcraft will never have to permit any man who claims to be a woman into any role in the church.
Eugene Volokh adds some clarity here.
The case that holds that religious institutions—both churches and other institutions, such as schools—have a First Amendment right to discriminate in choice of leaders (and others, such as teachers, who are closely involved in propagating religious beliefs) is Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church & School v. EEOC (2012). But beyond that, though Hosanna-Tabor does focus on the Religion Clauses, nonreligious ideological groups are also entitled to exemptions from antidiscrimination laws when their discrimination in choice of leaders and speakers (and likely in choice of members as well) is closely tied to their ideological belief system;
Being liberated from the fear of discrimination lawsuits is important. This war has (apparently) been going on for a while. And we know all too well that militant activist communities consider lawfare as a form of Alinsky-inspired sports fishing. Target, isolate, lawsuit, payday.
Someone went to a lot of planning and bother to create protected society specifically for biological women.
The Forbes piece also details requirements to be in a leadership role, also protected by the Constitution and Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church & School v. EEOC (2012)
Who Can Lead PCMW?
A Trustee position shall be open to all those who possess the following qualifications:
- Being female at birth.
- A testimony to an experience of the “new birth” in lesbian feminism.
- Evidence of a consistent Lesbian life.
- An indication of a willingness to contribute regularly to the financial support of the Church of which she must be a Member.
- Acceptance of the Tenets of Faith as set forth in The Lesbian Heresy by Sheila Jeffreys, Gyn/Ecology: The Metaethics of Radical Feminism by Mary Daly, Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde and other texts as designated from time to time by the Trustees.
- Having reached at least 18 years of age.
- Having regularly attended services of, and supported, the Church for a period of at least three consecutive months prior to the date of the individual’s desire to become a Trustee.
- Agreement to being governed by the Church, as may be amended from time to time.
Biological feminist lesbians have thrown a shot across the bow in the culture war. Our church is for any biological woman but will only be lead by biological women who are lesbians.
As I understand it the IRS didn’t even blink.