Do You Support or Oppose President Trump’s Iran Strategy? Do you know what that strategy is? Shouldn’t you know before you answer any poll questions on the subject? We think so, and we’re here to help.
Iran is a global sponsor of terror. They oppress their own people. They murder civilians. They are committed to wiping out Israel (an ally) and shout death to America. Not nice people. If they kept to themselves, it might not be any of our business. They don’t, can’t and won’t.
Do we want another war?
Iran has been at war with us since the 1979 Islamic revolution. The left and the media are ranting and fundraising off what they are calling Trump’s war because the US killed a terrorist who had just killed an American. Mr. Trump didn’t start it. He’s just dealing with, how do we put this (what he inherited from his predecessors) – which did not include fawning media air cover.
What is that strategy? Here is an outline based on the President’s public remarks yesterday (transcript here).
- As long as I am President of the United States, Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon.
- The United States will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions on the Iranian regime.
- We must all work together toward making a deal with Iran that makes the world a safer and more peaceful place.
- Today, I am going to ask NATO to become much more involved in the Middle East process.
- The fact that we have this great military and equipment, however, does not mean we have to use it.
- Finally, to the people and leaders of Iran: We want you to have a future and a great future — one that you deserve, one of prosperity at home, and harmony with the nations of the world. The United States is ready to embrace peace with all who seek it.
As we have noted previously, the plan is simple. We should believe Iran’s leaders when they say they want to destroy the US and our allies. It is in the best interests of all concerned that the current regime in Iran not have nuclear capability. The US will defend itself when necessary but it is better for all parties if the global community assists the people of Iran to resolve the matter internally.
These are not the words of an administration looking to go to war even with someone who is at war with us.
We have a video of the speech below. It’s under ten minutes. Watch, then vote, or just vote. “Do You Support or Oppose President Trump’s Iran Strategy?”
Video of President Trump’s remarks yesterday morning.