The end of this year’s session is here so GraniteGrok has compendiums of all of the really bad votes (from the aspect of either maintaining or enhancing our Rights, Freedoms, and Liberties). Given that NH State Rep Liz McConnell is making efforts to censor those that would otherwise be publishing her Progressive voting record while trying to appear to be “moderate” to fit in with her Republican-dominated district. Alas and alack, while she can talk the talk, her walk says another thing.
Sidenote: Why won’t the Republicans, once regaining the majority, PLEASE pass legislation to only do this stuff to us ONCE every two years like they used to instead of EVERY year? Heck, I’d take and thank the Dems if they did so but I think they are constitutionally created to need to be creating havoc for we individuals as often as possible. For them, it’s like the old Chinese tradition of binding little girls feet – just legal-wise.
So, here’s one area (emphasis mine):
McConnell, Liz (Democrat, Brentwood):
- FOR creating an income tax with rates set by an unelected bureaucrat. (HB712) In other words, she voted to outsource her Representative’s responsibility to others.
- FOR creating a new tax on capital gains. (HB686)
- FOR creating an income tax with rates set by an unelected bureaucrat. (SB1) In other words, she voted to outsource her Representative’s responsibility to others.
- FOR creating an income tax, and new taxes on capital gains, vaping, and sports betting; increasing business taxes. (HB2) Did she actually miss anything there?
- FOR increasing state spending by a massive $1.5 Billion, or 13%. High taxes are the result of high spending. (HB1)
- FOR creating a tax on vaping, making it harder to quit smoking. (HB680)
- FOR raising business taxes. (HB623)
- FOR permitting state bureaucrats to raise hidden taxes on electricity without legislative oversight and approval. (HB166) In other words, she voted to outsource her Representative’s responsibility to others.
- FOR creating an additional tax on room rentals. (HB641)
- FOR increasing by 40% a surcharge on registry of deed users to support a program unrelated to the registry service. (SB74)
- FOR permitting state bureaucrats to raise hidden taxes on electricity without legislative oversight and approval. (SB205)
- FOR doubling and tripling various fees. (HB682)
- FOR unfunded mandate raising towns’ and schools’ retirement costs. (HB616)
- FOR requiring utilities to buy more Renewable Energy Certificates thus raising the cost of electricity for all New Hampshire consumers. (SB72)
- AGAINST reducing the statewide property tax. (HB497-0113h)
- AGAINST reducing the interest & dividends tax. (HB185)
- AGAINST reducing electric rates by allowing more use of methane as a fuel. (HB157)
- AGAINST reducing electric rates by distributing all proceeds from RGGI sales to ratepayers. (HB477)
- AGAINST prohibiting an income tax. (CACR12)
- AGAINST replacing a mandatory family leave plan funded by an income tax with a voluntary plan. (HB2-1435h)
In every possible case, she voted to have Government take more of your money – she doesn’t trust you to spend your money “correctly”. She also refused every possibility that would have had the Government giving money back to you.
Yokela, Josh (Republican, Fremont)
- no bad votes
There are more areas to cover. If I lived in Brentwood, I’d start asking her a whole lot of questions as to how her “representation” has worked out for you. And I haven’t even gotten to where she believes that she has the power to continually infringe on your gun rights. I was there – I heard her say how she’d contravene your Constitutional Rights.