[Update, 10/30/18: a reader has expressed concern that my phrasing below – “to unseat so-and-so” – implied a done deal. Not my intention! All these races are very much up in the air. But make no mistake: the challengers listed below are not just running for office. They’re running to throw other people OUT of office. – EGK]
EMILY’s List – a national PAC boasting “we ignite change by getting pro-choice Democratic women elected to office” – is open and aboveboard about who they’d like to see in office. Here’s the New Hampshire list, for your consideration. I’ve added a note or two.
- Debora Pignatelli, Executive Council district 5 [to unseat Dave Wheeler]
- Anne Grassie, State Senate district 6 [to unseat James Gray]
- Jenn Alford-Teaster, State Senate district 8 [to unseat Ruth Ward]
- Shannon Chandley, State Senate district 11 [to unseat Gary Daniels]
- Melanie Levesque, State Senate district 12 [to unseat Kevin Avard]
- Cindy Rosenwald, State Senate district 13 [vs. David Schoneman, to replace the retiring Bette Lasky]
- Donna Soucy, State Senate district 18 [incumbent, vs. George Lambert]
- Anita Burroughs, State Representative, Carroll County district 1
- Susan Silverman, State Representative, Cheshire County district 11
- Cathleen Fountain, State Representative, Coos County district 7
- Francesca Diggs, State Representative, Grafton County district 16
- Megan Murray, State Representative, Hillsborough County district 22
- Joelle Martin, State Representative, Hillsborough County district 23
- Jackie Chretien, State Representative, Hillsborough County district 42
- Safiya Wazir, State Representative, Merrimack County district 17
- Lisa Bunker, State Representative, Rockingham County district 18
- Gaby Grossman, State Representative, Rockingham County district 18
- Debra Altschiller, State Representative, Rockingham County district 19
- Cassandra Levesque, State Representative, Strafford County district 4
- Gerri Cannon, State Representative, Strafford County district 18
- Wendy Chase, State Representative, Strafford County district 18
- Amanda Gourgue, State Representative, Strafford County district 25
There’s an endorsed federal candidate as well, not that she needs the money: Ann McLane Kuster, Second Congressional District incumbent, who is being challenged by Steve Negron.
Manchester Mayor Joyce Craig is supported by EMILY’s List as well, but she won’t be on next month’s ballot.
EMILY, by the way, is an acronym for Early Money is Like Yeast. For campaigns, that’s true enough. These races began long before the filing period.
If you want to affect any of the races mentioned above, I suggest you get cracking. November 6 is coming right up.