- Consider the conversion sexual attraction / therapy ban bill, HB 587?
- Consider the education savings account bill, HB 1636 (formerly SB193)?
- Consider the Medicaid Expansion bill (I can’t remember the bill number)
Isn’t the first one:
- Affirmation of the Democrat Identity Politics agenda?
- WHY would you strengthen their Cultural Marxism tool against your own Party?
- And isn’t it an affront to both the First Amendment (free speech), and Articles 4, 6, 22, 30, 32, and 38? And quite a few of the NH GOP Platform statements (free people, religious freedom)? WHY are the Republicans allowing themselves to be hauled into the Democrat “hate speech” canard? Is this yet another canard in which elected Republicans are meekly falling into line so they won’t have to hear “bad words from the Dems and the media” or worse, “let’s just take this off the table so they can’t use it against us”. As Kimberly is wont to say
“It’s better to fight for something than live for nothing” – Patton
And elected Republican officials keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again:
- Loyalty is a two way street; don’t expect it from us if you refuse to first be loyal to us.
- If you won’t fight FOR us, then we have no choice than to just sit on our hands. Or, which is more fun, fight you back.
Your choice, buckos. But I digress.
Isn’t the second also a manifestation of a number of the NH GOP Platform as well, in addition to the First Amendment and the NH Constitution? And further strengthen and encourage the idea of Liberty and parental rights to guide their children’s education? Whose responsibility, ultimately, is it – are the kids the parents or, like a number of Progressives are now claiming, the State’s? Re:
Michelle Obama: “Make no mistake about it, this November, when we get to the polls, that is what we are deciding. Not Democrat or Republican, not left or right. In this election, and every election, it is about who will have the power to shape our children for the next four or eight years of their lives. And I am here tonight because in this election, there is only one person who I trust with that responsibility, only one person who I believe is truly qualified to be president of the United States, and that is our friend Hillary Clinton.”
Dr. Melissa Harris-Perry (Ph.D, MSNBC hostess): “We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we’ve always had a private notion of children; your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven’t had a very collective notion of these are our children,”
And doesn’t the third violate the Free Market, Limited Government, lower taxes, free enterprise, and this:
We believe that individual liberty is guaranteed under the Constitutions of the United States and New Hampshire, that the liberty of the people must be protected above the power of the government, and that it is only through an adherence to our founding documents that we will continue to grow as a free, Constitutional Republic.
Only the second fits this stricture – the first and the third violate it.
And Republicans either helped to or were the driving force behind them?
And they wonder why the base is starting to snarl.
(Nod to Ellen)