A perfect testing device is a sign of accuracy. It is a must-have in school and college laboratories, industrial labs and scientific labs. A slight deflection or miscalculation can question the whole experiment. So, you must have the best testing devices. Be it for measuring the coefficient of friction or water content of the soil, these devices are needed in every lab.
Here are the 5 must-have testing devices to get an error-free experiment done:
1. 8 position shear test oven: Be it for geological labs or civil engineering labs, 8 position shear test oven is a must-have. It dries the sample to the required temperature. Moreover, it also is used for the calculation of shear stress. This instrument is a must-have if the experiments involve dry heating, testing the shear pressure and so on. If you are thinking of adding this to your lab, take a few suggestions. Always lookout for the maximum and minimum temperature attainable. Also, ensure that the door movement does not move the sample inside. Look for the fan speed, operator-friendly technology, and available programs.
2. Adhesion/release testing machine: If your lab needs to perform TLMI, ASTM, FINAT, AFERA, and PSTC, having this instrument is a must. You should always go for a strong body as it will be subject to rough use. Also, a digital speed regulator is a must. You cannot physically release a substance every second. The instrument is used to measure the test motion, the force with which the object is released and stores it. Always look for an adhesion/release testing machine that is correctly calibrated. A motion sensor-enabled one will be helpful too.
3. Coefficient of friction machine: The numerical value denoting ratio between friction force and normal force between two objects is known as the coefficient of friction. This ratio differs for different objects. If you need to find this value, you need a coefficient of friction machine. If you plan to buy one, look for the one that gives an instant result. There are machines in the market with advanced digital speed control and stepper motor. It allows a quick result and easy setup.
4. Contact angle meter: Many experiments require measurement of angles. A contact angle meter is used there. The basic requirement is having a machine with accurate results and minimum effect on the object. You should go for a meter that measures even the slight deflections.
5. Micrometer: Labs and measurements go hand in hand. Whether you need to measure the diameter of a cell or length of a wire, you need an instrument that gives precise measurements. A micrometer is an instrument that you should not miss to add to your lab. They can be basic and advanced as well. Many manufacturers of adhesive testing devices have pioneered in micrometer manufacturing. They have user-friendly notches, digital display and a wide range of measurements. Automatic calibration makes the use easier.
Testing devices ensure the credibility of a lab. You cannot expect people to trust the results from out-dated instruments. It is important to keep the latest testing instruments for accurate results.
From time to time, GraniteGrok accepts content from third parties (posts, or additional links after initial publication) from which we may or may not receive compensation.