I missed this on Friday, and although I generally don’t repost an entire post by someone else, it loses something if I don’t. From The Campaign Spot (I have reformatted it slightly):
- Nearly one-third of the nation’s drivers now fork out $4 or more for a gallon of gasoline.
- The cost of living is suddenly increasing because of gas prices.
- Sears is closing 62 stores in the next couple months.
- Now 29 percent of young people aged 25 to 34 live with their parents. Another 53 percent of those aged 18 to 24 live with their parents.
- In Afghanistan, Hamad Karzai is demanding the U.S. withdrawal from his country begin now.
- North Korea announced a long-range rocket launch.
Today the president’s schedule includes six separate fundraisers, a new personal record.
As Glenn Reynolds likes to say, “We’re in the very best of hands.”
Indeed – priorities count. Where your time is spent tells us what your priorities are. Right now, “self-centered” is a phrase that is well applied here. The 3am phone calls are coming in so fast, the “problem switchboard” is starting to melt and Obama’s response is “just take a message, dahling!”
“Dahling” – so out dated, I guess. What’s the hipster equivalent nowadays?