John R Lott Jr. is an economist, statistician, and one of the finest analytical minds in America today. As well as that, he is a prolific author and a conservative commentator.
In his most famous work, “More Guns, Less Crime”, Lott laid out the case in great detail for the inverse relationship between gun ownership and crime rates, and despite all the attacks by gun-control advocates, no one has ever been able to refute Lott’s clear and devastating (for liberals) conclusion that more guns mean less crime.
In “Freedomnomics”, Using clear and hard-hitting examples, Lott showed how free markets liberate the best, most creative, and most generous aspects of our society–while efforts to constrain economic liberty, no matter how well-intentioned, invariably lead to increased poverty and injustice.
In this new book, “At The Brink”, Lott examines the deceit and destruction that Obama is wreaking on our country, starting with the question: “What’s the first thing a totalitarian regime takes away from its citizens?” Answer: “Their guns.” From the publisher:
For Barack Obama, that’s only the beginning. He is determined to take away your guns, your privacy, your financial independence, and your freedom. His end game: total dependence on the government for everything from light bulbs to lighter fluid.
Your only hope is to arm yourself with the truth. Guns don’t make us vulnerable—they make us more safe. Government spending doesn’t spur economic growth, it destroys it. Obamacare won’t provide more health care at lower costs—it will do exactly the opposite.
And this new book is just the thing. Packed with the clear, hard-hitting analysis for which he is renowned, Lott makes the case that, now that Obama has won a second term, his goal remains the fundamental transformation of America, and his chances of success are frighteningly good. From the jacket:
In this shocking assessment of what President Obama has done and intends to do, [Lott] shows that the United States is at the brink of catastrophe—economically and socially. The future of not just our economy but our liberty is in the balance.
In [“At The Brink”], Lott reveals:
- How the “stimulus” was the most expensive economic failure in history, with consequences that could last for generations
- Why debt will continue to grow under Obama—and the potentially devastating impact it could have on your economic security
- Why you can expect soaring health care costs—hint: it’s happening already
- Why American health care will—quite soon, as Obamacare takes effect—no longer be the envy of the world
- Why gun control isn’t the panacea the Obama administration makes it out to be—and will in fact make crime worse
- The Obama administration’s incredible record of deceit in chipping away at our constitutional rights—from Obamacare’s mandates to the scandal of Operation Fast and Furious
- What Congress needs to do to change direction fast
Laden with hard facts you haven’t seen anywhere else, Lott details just how dangerous Obama’s policies have been, and how they’ll get even worse without stiff congressional opposition. At the Brink is sobering but essential reading for Americans who care about our future.
I like his work, and I think you will, too. Click the image of a book, above, to buy from Amazon.com, and contribute a small commission toward Skip’s Internet bill.