Au contraire! Funny how Democrats hide their true intentions when campaigning or pursuing new legislation. Here in NH, the gay agenda has been paramount with the Democrats. Right after the last election in 2008, they laid the pedal to the metal to pass gay marriage and it was a very divisive, contentious debate ending up with Democrat John "Do Nuttin’" Lynch selling his integrity, his promise, his word, his promise to the people that he was a "one woman, one man" marriage dude. Yeah, that lasted long. He caved – he signed. But I digress…
Anyways, next topic: was it always really about taking the fruits of one’s labor in order to provide a service for others? Is that why the Progressives did the "end justifies the means" schtick in Congress?
Sidebar: isn’t that one of the reason why Progressives want to do away with the Constitution – slavery? Since it was was that slave owners that wrote it (Mike Kitch kept telling me that), that single fact of the culture at that time invalidates it (forget that little thing called the Civil War, shall we?)
Er, no. Frankly, it is to fulfill one of the main tenets of Progressivism / Socialism – the ever enlargement of Government (which, by the way, takes more and more money). Which, finally, someone on the Progressive side finally was caught in a gaffe – actually several someones. Truth? It is about the "redistribution of wealth":
- Now Max Baucus tells us: the health care overhaul America was just forced to endure was the government’s attempt to fix the “mal-distribution of income.” It’s an admission that sadly comes after the bill has passed and been signed by President Obama. But it’s better late than never.
…And it proves the point the whole exercise had nothing to do with Americans’ health and more to do with the Marxist concept of “redistributing” wealth.
According to FoxNews.com, [funny, it is never any of the other networks, eh? -Skip] Baucus said:
“Too often, much of late, the last couple three years, the mal-distribution of income in American is gone up way too much, the wealthy are getting way, way too wealthy and the middle income class is left behind,” he said. “Wages have not kept up with increased income of the highest income in America. This legislation will have the effect of addressing that mal-distribution of income in America.”
I love the righteous anger displayed by the author of the post, Kyle Olson:
Excuse me Senator, but who the hell are you to decide who is “too wealthy?”
Regardless, all doubts that the Democrats’ takeover of health care was little more than a power grab in the name of “social justice” have been confirmed. And it should be all the more reason to push for a repeal of this fundamentally un-American takeover.
You notice, however, that the CongressCritters have voted themselves such a salary that they are among the richest people in America? Can we do something about THAT "mal-distribution of income"? Lord knows they haven’t been good stewards of our tax money (the debt)!
Here another one:
- Yessir, the former Democrat Chair, Howard Dean (he of "The Scream" fame):
Thus, they know they are doing it, it is the reason they do it. Only thing is, has it become SO blatant and so far that they have started to worry about killing the Golden Goose? Let’s continue with Joe Biden:
- Remember when Joe Biden was pushing higher taxes on the "wealthy" because it is the patriotic duty of everyone earning $250k to pay more? Well, he’s back and defending tax hikes again, only "patriotism" has given way to another "ism" that I’m not allowed to mention because it’s allegedly racist to do so:
"It’s a simple proposition to us: Everyone is entitled to adequate medical health care," Biden says. "If you call that a ‘redistribution of income’ — well, so be it. I don’t call it that. I call it just being fair — giving the middle class taxpayers an even break that the wealthy have been getting."
Another? Back to Barack from a post called "Big Brother becomes Big Bully":
- So why did Obama make health care reform the focus of the past year in the face of a struggling economy and poor job numbers (not helped by the hyped-up so-called stimulus)? A crisis was just too good to waste (ask Rahm Emanuel), as was the filibuster-proof Democratic majority in Congress. Therefore, the massive redistribution of wealth that was a goal of Barack Obama all along (the "spread the wealth" gaffe that was one of the few truthful sentences Barack Obama uttered in 2008) has been done behind the façade of health care. What a charade.
- And what about Ron Bloom (Obama’s manufacturing czar), Anita Dunn (comm director), and Van Jones (self-avowed Communist and"green" czar until Beck outed him)? All professed a liking and admiration for Chairman Mao. Not one said anything about admiration for any of the Founding Fathers.
In a very perverse way, Progressives want Government to help you all, but they need all your money in order to do so. Oh, and by the way, when they are in charge, you have no freedom about it.
Seems to me, Carol Shea-Porter is wrong – there ARE people in this country that believe in socialism – they are our Democrat leaders! And, they want to move the United States down that road
There are only three choices: either Carol Shea-Porter is being disingenuous, lying, or there’s a full case of cluelessness going around. And I don’t think it is the latter.