The same bureaucratic group-think responsible for the long term suspensions of children playing with toy guns on private property, chewing pop-tarts, pointing pencils, playing make-believe (see list after the jump), is the same buraucratic mind-set that will be “manageing” your health care–and by extension your quality of life, your aging parents and grandparents lives, childrens lives, everyone.
Why you would let these people manage more than absolutely necessary is beyond me; why you would let them run your health care, and by extension your quality of life, is just insane.
From Dan Mitchell “Are Government Schools a Form of Child Abuse”
- Bureaucrats suspended a little boy for taking bites out of a pop tart in such a way that it was shaped like a gun.
- Bureaucrats suspended a 7-year boy for pretending to throw a non-existent grenade on the playground.
- Bureaucrats suspended a 6-year old boy in Maryland for making a gun shape with his finger.
- Bureaucrats busted a 5-year old girl in Pennsylvania for having a pink plastic gun that shoots bubbles.
- A teacher in Rhode Island caught an 8-year old boy with some plastic toy army men.
- Bureaucrats evacuated a school because an 11-year old boy made a motion detector for his science experiment.
- Bureaucrats in Florida kicked an 8-year old boy out of school for a year because he had a plastic gun in his backpack.
- A dual award in Virginia, with half the prize for the bureaucrats who suspended a 10-year old boy for a toy gun and half the prize for the cops who then arrested the kid.
- A third-grader got in trouble for having toy army men on his birthday cupcakes.
- Two second-graders got suspended for holding pencils like they were guns.
- Bureaucrats suspended a kindergartener for having a lego-sized toy gun.
- Bureaucrats wanted a deaf child to change his sign-language name because it required him to shape his fingers in a way that resembled a gun.