“Progressive rhetoric has the effect of concealing social crisis and moral breakdown by presenting them as the birth pangs of a new order.” —Christopher Lasch
Yes. It is true. Wittingly or unwittingly, Many liberty-minded, Constitutional Conservatives are financially supporting Socialist-Progressive causes in America. Want to know for sure? Talk insurance. Specifically, Progressive Insurance. You know whom I speak of. The insurance company with the ubiquitous cute ads featuring “Flo”.
When Progressive customers pay insurance premiums, so many do not realize they are funding left-wing social groups like “Americans Coming Together” (now defunct) and MoveOn.org. This has in fact been validated by Snopes
Forbes magazine ranked Peter Lewis number 366 on its list of the wealthiest Americans…The one per-centers. Lewis’ net worth holds at over $1 billion. Wealth Lewis accumulated at the helm of Cleveland-based Progressive Insurance. Founded by his father in 1937, he assumed the leadership role of CEO at Progressive in 1965, a business with about 100 employees at that time and $6 million in annual revenues forty-seven years later, Progressive now hails as the third largest auto insurer in the United States.
So what does Peter Lewis do with all that money? Peter Lewis makes donations upwards of $7 million and $8 million to the ACLU; He earmarked $5 million “to the ACLU’s drug-policy litigation project, which deals with drug-testing in schools and the medicinal use of marijuana.”)
Agenda Such as:
- Removing nativity scenes from public property
- Banning songs such as Silent Night from schools
- Refusing to allow students to write about the Christian aspect of Christmas
In school projects
- Renaming Christmas break Winter break
- Refusing to allow a city sponsored Christmas parade to be called a Christmas parade
- Not allowing a Christmas tree in a public school
- Renaming a Christmastree displayed on public property a Holiday tree
In addition to their war on Christmas, the ACLU uses gifts like that from Chairman Lewis to:
- Sue states to force them to legalize homosexual marriage
- Force libraries to remove porn filters from their computers
- Sue the Boy Scouts to force them to accept homosexuals as scout leaders
- Help legalize child pornography
- Legalize live sex acts in bars in Oregon
- Protect the North American Man Boy Love Association Whose motto is, “sex by eight or it is too late”
- Censor student led prayer at graduation
- Remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance
- Remove “In God We Trust” on our currency
Lewis also makes donations of over $3 million (both of which were reportedly matched by billionaire activist George Soros) to America Coming Together (a liberal political action group which has since disbanded), and MoveOn.org (a progressive/liberal political action committee and public policy group) in 2004.
Peter B. Lewis has become the largest donor, $3 million in 2007 alone, to the Marijuana Policy Project.
So, I leave you with this question: “If you buy Progressive Insurance because it is cheap, in the larger scheme of things, is it really all that cheap? For cheaper insurance now, you pay a much bigger price later. Peter Lewis made his fortunes in the System of American capitalism, yet now finances the social agenda to destroy the American free enterprise system.
One thing that is certain. If one is a progressive like Peter Lewis, a hypocrite shall he also be. Progressive pays for considerable ad space on Fox News overwhelmingly watched by American conservatives. Peter Lewis continues to reap the rewards of capitalism while continuing to make a fortune off of conservative Americans while destroying our nation.
Finally,The “Harley Owners Group”, the biggest motorcycle club in America, maybe even the world, and hasn’t found any of its’ members having Progressive Insurance