Can we throw in Whoopie Goldberg’s “rape rape” remark to set the stage? This may turn out to be “enlightening”. Earlier today, the University of Colorado (no Righty Ivory Tower, them) put out some guidelines for females for “rape prevention”. Then a Colorado DEMOCRAT Representative Joe Salazer (not even an old white guy, he) decided to go on a rant (showing that Republicans have no lock on not realizing what they are saying and not realizing how the Lefties and feminists are going to have fun emasculating him pronto.
Or will they? After all, they gave Clinton a pass for doing more than just talking and lying about it.
First the U of Colorado of precautions:
- Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
- Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
- Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
- Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
- If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
- Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
- Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
- Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
- Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
- Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
(H/T: The Corner) About the only thing that they left out was “understand how you dress” for completing the nincompoop list. What the heck does the University mean by “passive resistance may be your best defense“? Is this simply another way of putting out the phrase that has tripped out so many other mysogenic men saying the extremly Politically Incorrect phrase? And that deal about the “lead to more harm“? Who writes this stuff, M. Obvious, Ph.D?
So, back to Rep. Salazar that was part of the Colorado Model (think Zandra Rice-Hawkins of Granite State Progress) – the Progressive philosophy does entail disarming the populace and he was in full bore in advocating for removing guns from Colorado-ians as they were debating the gun control bills that Democrats all over the nation are introducing at the State level.
“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop around at somebody.”
(H/T: Redstate) So now we know where raped women stand on the Progressive aggrievance ladder – certainly below disarming an entire State by this example (doesn’t that give now defenseless women the warm and fuzzies?). And make no mistake! Along with Steve’s post and mine on Magpul’s promise to move out of Colorado if its legislature passes the anti-gun legislation moving through, we see that the Legislature is perfectly fine with creating victims. Even rape victims – good going, Rep Salazar for making young coeds more of a target for evil doers. The words of our Progressive-in-Chief just floated past my eyes: ‘punish with a baby’.
I’m betting, however, that even with all this, the MSM and the Democrat Witless Protection Racket police are already out cleaning up the crime scenes.