Updated and bumped with additional info
‘Grok friend NH State Rep JR Hoell sends along this notice concerning a number of NH bills related to the Second Amendment to those that might be able to come to the hearings on Thursday, 2/21/13
“Defend our Liberty Day”
- A GUN Ban to OPPOSE, A study committee meeting to oppose: Constitutional Carry to SUPPORT as well as other bills
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND PUBLIC SAFETY, Representatives Hall
10:00 a.m. HB 290-FN, Representative Delmar Burridge (DEMOCRAT- Cheshire 16), would prohibit individuals without a carry permit from openly carrying a pistol or revolver in a public building. This legislation imposes unnecessary restrictions on your Right to Keep and Bear Arms and provides no benefit to public safety.
- 11:00 a.m. HB 609, Representative Daniel Itse (REPUBLICAN-Rockingham 10), requires each individual school district to vote to establish policies and procedures relative to licensed school employees carrying a firearm while on school property. This legislation gives school boards the option to allow employees who hold a pistol/revolver to carry the job, increasing the safety of students and school employees across the state.
- 1:00 p.m. HB 451-FN, Representative J.R. Hoell (REPUBLICAN-Merrimack 23), is an omnibus bill of which a key provision would repeal the licensing requirement for carrying a concealed pistol or revolver. This legislation would allow law-abiding gun owners to carry their firearms for self-defense without going through the arduous process associated with obtaining a pistol/revolver license.
- 2:00 p.m. HB 396, Representative Cynthia Sweeney (DEMOCRAT-Sullivan 8), would establish a committee to study the effect of mandated safety training or instruction prior to the purchase or acquisition of a firearm. This legislation would be an extremely costly endeavor that places an undue burden on law-abiding citizens wishing to exercise a constitutional right.
Also a chance to attend the NDAA hearing HB399 10:00am in LOB203