Adventures in Babysitting

by Steve MacDonald

Hello IRS?  I need Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business

Hello IRS? I need Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business

J.Robert Smith has a good article at American Thinker on Republicans taking back the tax issue, and that is certainly true,  but there were two things in particular that stood out to me…

First, the current US tax code consists of almost 74,000 pages.  (What the…)

Second, on one of those pages can be found this. (paragraphs appear here in reverse order from the IRS code for the sake of continuity)

Babysitting.  If you babysit for relatives or neighborhood children, whether on a regular basis or only periodically, the rules for childcare providers apply to you.

Childcare providers.  If you provide childcare, either in the child’s home or in your home or other place of business, the pay you receive must be included in your income. If you are not an employee, you are probably self-employed and must include payments for your services on Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business, or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040), Net Profit From Business. You generally are not an employee unless you are subject to the will and control of the person who employs you as to what you are to do and how you are to do it.

(What the 2 … )

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: